Hair straighteners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hair straighteners

Ive actually had my hair straightened once, just to see what it looks like after itd been straightened. It looked sik
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      ive actually had my hair straightened once, just to see what it looks like after itd been straightened. It looked sik
      lol !

Comment

Hair straighteners

Straightened the mane once

Looked like a goth

Never again

Prefer le natural waves :up:
        ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
        U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

i straighten my hair like twice a year.. like when im at home lol
          إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

I wish I had naturally curly hair. Mine is so boring and flat...

And curling my hair is a pain it just flattens after an hour when I curled it

Comment

Hell no. That damaged my hair so bad.

I used to do it every now and then, not even that excessive but my hair fell out in clumps

And when you wash off the effects of straightening it makes it frizzier and harder to maintain.

Havn't straightened my hair in yeaaaaars Alhamdulilah.

Originally posted by _Ruby_ View Post
              Ive straightened my hair every day for the last 10 years.
              Every day for 10 years? :shock:

How do you have the will power to keep that up?

Lee. I'm such a lazy when it comes to unnecessery things, I only do it daily if it's necessery i.e brushing teeth. LOL
              Last edited by Rebel101; 13-04-14, 11:18 PM.
              Gone with the wind.

Comment

I don't even do my hair. I just brush it

If I shower and I have to go somewhere I let it dry by itself. Blow drying my thick hair is too much damn work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                  Every day for 10 years? :shock:
                  How do you have the will power to keep that up?
                  Lee. I'm such a lazy when it comes to unnecessery things, I only do it daily if it's necessery i.e brushing teeth. LOL
                  My hair is super frizzy naturally and gets verrrry birdsnesty. Its easier for me to straighten it then try and keep it looking ok in its natural state. I didnt win the genetic lottery when it came to hair :(

it doesnt take too long either, maybe 30 mins to do it properly when its freshly washed and then 10 mins top up each morning after that. I love my sleep, so no way do i want to be spending ages on my hair.

Comment

Is this question for sisters only? Lol
                    If not......
                    Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Originally posted by _Ruby_ View Post
                      My hair is super frizzy naturally and gets verrrry birdsnesty. Its easier for me to straighten it then try and keep it looking ok in its natural state. I didnt win the genetic lottery when it came to hair :(

it doesnt take too long either, maybe 30 mins to do it properly when its freshly washed and then 10 mins top up each morning after that. I love my sleep, so no way do i want to be spending ages on my hair.
                      I know what you mean :there: I'm just too lazy to bother even for 10mins

But Alhamdulilah I wear hijab so no need to stress over how my hair looks,

only do it when I'm going to a wedding party and even then I try to get my sister to take over 10mins later lool
                      Gone with the wind.

Comment

I think curly or wavy hair looks great! Why would you want to straighten it? I know a girl who straightens her hair every single day and can't understand why because her hair is naturally beautiful. It's really damaging, I've used those types of devices before but rarely.
                        Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

It's nice to try a diff look from time to time. If you have naturally wavy hair, it's nice to straighten it sporadically. Not in excess because of the long term damages it causes and all. I don't know of any other way to straighten it besides using a heated tool.

I probably straighten mine about once a year just to get an idea of how long it is. Go for it :)
                          Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by sawm View Post
                            Is this question for sisters only? Lol
                            If not......
                            No, actually every bit of advice was useful...
                            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              skylark, I've only done it a few times, as said above by sheikh google don't do it frequently as it can damage the hair due to the heat. use serum to protect your hair, there's so many products out there to apply on your hair before straightening it, something like argan serum etc...

I like poker straight her lol, but it's not a problem for me, anything goes

have you tried curling your hair with straighteners? I like big curls too! lol
                              Some hair irons claim not to damage the hair due to the special plates it has. But still, I guess any heat appliance will have its toll on your hair.
                              Also using hair protective oils/sprays and serum would be necessary for protection.

No Ive never curled with straighteners :) Prefer it on the straight side.
                              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

I straighten my hair maybe once or twice a year now (special occasions) ever since I found a new way of straightening my hair which is to do a silk wrap and my hair is very curly. I just got sick of my hair being damaged by products and tools Alhamdulilah my hair is healthier look for other ways to straighten it without tools like pins/rollers etc.
                                "Islam is like a bird, the body is the love of Allaah , the right wing is the love of Jannah, and the left wing is the fear of hell-fire, if you take away one of the wings, then the body will not fly and if you take away the body, the wings have no use" Ibn Taymiyyah RA

Comment

Working...
                                X