Hair straighteners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair straighteners

What are the pros and cons of hair straightening devices?

Sisters have you done this before professionally and what do you think about it?

Say if your hair is slightly wavy and you want to straighten it, is it a good idea?
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Re: Hair straighteners

Don't rely on it or do it all the time. You know your hair better than anyone else (well you should).

If you want a different look then I don't see the harm in using straighteners.

It's up to you.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Go ahead.

Becareful not to burn yourself.

Kind regards,
      DaughterOfAdam

Comment

ill always say no, natural is best but its up to you

read these and youll know what they do to hair.

http://www.pgbeautygroomingscience.com/bubble-hair.php

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/...s-too-hot.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
          What are the pros and cons of hair straightening devices?

Sisters have you done this before professionally and what do you think about it?

Say if your hair is slightly wavy and you want to straighten it, is it a good idea?
          Don't do it excessively, keep in mind humidity and water will bring the hair back to its original form, the wifey has a sensitive scalp and the heat produced from it was causing itchiness.

If your really concerned, go and see a dermatologist, never rely on people copy and pasting info from websites or simply browsing the net for answers, dermatologist can determine scalp sensitivities.

My Aunt is one and she says excessive use will result in hair loss as well.

Keep all of this in mind because it might seem harmless but it can turn into a problem you don't want down the road.
          Last edited by Sheikh_Google; 13-04-14, 05:55 PM.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

and read this!

http://www.pgbeautygroomingscience.com/hair-damage.php

it shows how hair looks when damaged and explains it in detail.

Comment

skylark, I've only done it a few times, as said above by sheikh google don't do it frequently as it can damage the hair due to the heat. use serum to protect your hair, there's so many products out there to apply on your hair before straightening it, something like argan serum etc...

I like poker straight her lol, but it's not a problem for me, anything goes

have you tried curling your hair with straighteners? I like big curls too! lol
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Hair straighteners

Ya'sin me and sister tried curling our hair with straighteners. Was hardwork! Rather use a curler tbh
                إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

I used to straighten my hair but don't do it anymore. I find it really only damages the hair. Better to just keep it the way it is in my opinion.

Comment

once in a blue moon, if that.
                    damaging to hair.
                    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                    علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                      Ya'sin me and sister tried curling our hair with straighteners. Was hardwork! Rather use a curler tbh
                      i only did it once or twice for a party. yeh you're right it's harder to do the 'flick' with a straightener
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                        There are better ways to curl your hair instead of using heat.

Comment

^ yep just use curlers when your hair is wet, leave it on for a few hours and it should look tousled

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            ^ yep just use curlers when your hair is wet, leave it on for a few hours and it should look tousled
                            I don't do that. I just use a headband, roll the hair up, & sleep with it.

Comment

Ive straightened my hair every day for the last 10 years.

It does do damage. you'll need to factor in regular hair trims, moisturising shampoo/conditioner, heat protection sprays and split end protector.

Comment

Working...
                              X