Multiple Questions in one post. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Questions in one post. Help!

Assalmu Alaikum! I'm not sure if this should be posted in this section or the Islam/Muslim section. I apolgize if it is in the wrong place. I am a very new revert to Islam. I only converted just yesterday actually so I know I have to take my time and not overdo it. I have been saying the 5 daily prayers privately and I haven't told anyone about my conversion. I still have A LOT to learn and before I tell anyone I want to know everything about Islam in order to answer the questions I know my family and friends will have. There is an islamic center in my city that I plan on going to.

I have a few questions.

Also, I am unable to make du'a at work at the appropriate times so I do it as soon as I get home. Is that okay?

How does dating work in Islam?

How do I go about meeting other muslims and making friends?

What questions should I ask at the Islamic center? What should I expect?

What do I tell my parents? What type of discrimination or reactions should I expect?

How do I find the courage to wear the hijab around others and outside?

How soon is too soon to wear the niqab?
    Last edited by Jenicca; 13-04-14, 02:21 PM.

Re: Multiple Questions in one post. Help!

:wswrwb:

Lovely to have you here sister :love:

May Allah swt bless you and us with steadfastness upon His chosen way and that of his Beloved Messenger :saw:

Ive just edited your post to make it a little easier to read and Insha'Allah answer :love:
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by walkwithgrace View Post
      Assalmu Alaikum! I'm not sure if this should be posted in this section or the Islam/Muslim section. I apolgize if it is in the wrong place. I am a very new revert to Islam. I only converted just yesterday actually so I know I have to take my time and not overdo it. I have been saying the 5 daily prayers privately and I haven't told anyone about my conversion. I still have A LOT to learn and before I tell anyone I want to know everything about Islam in order to answer the questions I know my family and friends will have. There is an islamic center in my city that I plan on going to.
      :salams welcome to Islaam sister, may Allah make it easy on you.

I have a few questions.

Also, I am unable to make du'a at work at the appropriate times so I do it as soon as I get home. Is that okay?
      Du'a is just supplications that you make, like asking Allah for things or thanking Him for things. You can do that anywhere, while sitting, standing, working, ect. Just mumble your words without anyone hearing, Allah will hear it.

I think you mean Salah, the ritual prayer. We are not allowed to delay the prayer, no. You should find a place in your work to do it on your break. You can delay prayer during it's allotted time window, although that is disliked. But you cannot delay the prayer past it's allowed time. If you don't want people to know you are Muslim, then hide somewhere and lock the door behind you for a couple minutes (just not in a bathroom, that is disrespectful to Allah).

It's completely forbidden. Men are not allowed to make friends with females, and we cannot be alone in the same room with the opposite gender. We restrict our speech with the opposite gender to only necessary topics, and do not chit-chat or hang out with them at all. Read this for more information http://muttaqun.com/dating.html

Hadith - Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi 3118, Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab , Tirmidhi transmitted it. The Prophet said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third."

Visit your local masjid (mosque) and talk to the sisters you meet there. Although people there are usually busy and only came to pray. It might be a better idea to attend various islamic events and lectures in your area, since sisters there aren't busy usually and will want to meet people and hang out.

There are also tons of sisters on this forum for you to chat with :) maybe some of us live near you and could come over to help you get adjusted to Islamic lifestyle.

Ask about anything you like, that is what it's there for. I don't know what you would expect at your local one, since every establishment is different, but in general I would say to expect Muslims from all backgrounds and cultures and ages to be walking around. In general Muslim women are very friendly and would be eager to help a new revert if you tell them you are new and ask for help.

I would go ask to meet the imam of the masjid, or if there are any leaders there who can help a new Muslimah get on her feet as far as basic knowledge is concerned.

What do I tell my parents? What type of discrimination or reactions should I expect?
      I can't help you there, since every family is different. My family didn't react, but some sisters were thrown out and even attacked. You know your family better than us, how would they react?

I would suggest emphasizing how Islaam has improved your life and mood and made you happier, because if you speak in a depressing or negative tone, they will assume it is the religion or that you are being brainwashed. This comes from my personal experience, your family may be different.

This is something you need to rely upon Allah for. Ask Him to give you the strength and courage of a Believer, because a believer isn't afraid of anyone or anything except Allah Himself. Because only Allah has the true power to help or harm people, and nothing has any real power except Him.

I just threw it on and ignored anyone who mocked me. It hurts, but you get over it. The worst thing you can do is quit doing something you believe in because people make fun of you or give you a hard time. They are not living your life, you are, and they will walk away at the end of the day and forget you, while you are stuck with the decisions you make. So don't let anyone else make your decisions for you, and keep your head held high.

As soon as you want. If you won't lose your job over it, then go ahead and do it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just stay friendly and polite and people will realize that niqabis aren't scary or any different than any other lady out there.

If you are new to Islaam, you'll need crash courses in the basics, just to get feeling comfortable and confident in yourself. Here is a website with free eBooks in .pdf format. You can download as many as you like. I would first suggest reading books on Aqida (Core Belief) Here http://www.khilafahbooks.com/category/english/aqeedah/

If you see at the top, it has a listing of other English books for you to choose from. And if you need help with learning to use pdf files or anything, post it here and I'll help you inshaAllah.

Also http://quran.com/ is an online Qur'an where you can look up many different English translations.

Comment

Thank you for all of the information! I knew we are not allowed to be in the same room with men (aside from family of course). What I don't understand is how we are supposed to meet single men and let them know we are interested? Basically, how do I go about "finding" a husband and knowing we are compatible. Going to an islamic center is for faith - not finding a spouse. I don't know what to do and how to go about this. I am a convert so this is all very new to me. How do I go about finding a husband? I know Allah has a plan and has someone in mind for me but where do I go? What to do I do? I am praying on this issue but what more can I do?

[QUOTE=|Sister|;5771780]:

It's completely forbidden. Men are not allowed to make friends with females, and we cannot be alone in the same room with the opposite gender. We restrict our speech with the opposite gender to only necessary topics, and do not chit-chat or hang out with them at all. Read this for more information http://muttaqun.com/dating.html

]

Comment

Wa alaikum salam sister. You are welcome , great to know that you accepted Islam.

May Allah make it easy for you to practice. I hope you found answers to your questions.
          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by walkwithgrace View Post

I have a few questions.

Wa alaikumassalam
            :ahb: You are welcome, post 3 is excellent, really worth reading
            Last edited by AbulUthman; 17-04-14, 03:57 PM.
            Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Working...
            X