Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chill out thread...

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
    Yo yo yo I'll hook you up any day, you have to come down here for that though lol

You know what an Iris is, according to me your half a optometrist than lol

It's a a excellent profession to be in depending on the country you reside in, out of all the medical professions I find it the best in terms of managing your lifestyle and patient care. The money is good to alhumdulilah

Hope you weren't looking for a detailed answer because I can write a essay lol

You do need to be handy with medical equipment though but I can understand it's not for everyone.

So what's the deal with humanities, you studying anthropology?
    Hahaha
    Sweet

I actually am due to visit Canada later this year in shaa Allah - have lots of family residing there.

Thats really cool ma shaa Allah! Glad to know your enjoying it! My friends sister took up optometry, she dropped out in the first year tho - didn't enjoy the prospect of coming so close to males in her placements.
    ma shaa Allah - yeah I heard the income is pretty good. May Allah bless it for you. Ameen!

Nah, I'm a prospective History student alhamdulilah! Delving into classical history is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
      I hate the smell of incense :(
      Whaaaaaa....

Incense

Is

The

Shiz

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
        Whaaaaaa....

Incense

Is

The

Shiz
        Totes!

I walk around making swirly smoke designs in the air... or wrap my finger around the smoke, and make a homemade temporary smoke rings

Wow... i truly have a life...
        Bye...

Comment

Read. God, I love reading. I also go on Reddit, watch/listen to Islamic vids/audio lectures and daydream a lot (go A.D.D.!).

Comment

Hahaha
            Sweet

I actually am due to visit Canada later this year in shaa Allah - have lots of family residing there.

Thats really cool ma shaa Allah! Glad to know your enjoying it! My friends sister took up optometry, she dropped out in the first year tho - didn't enjoy the prospect of coming so close to males in her placements.
            ma shaa Allah - yeah I heard the income is pretty good. May Allah bless it for you. Ameen!

Nah, I'm a prospective History student alhamdulilah! Delving into classical history is awesome!
            Oh niceee, do you usually come to Toronto or another city?

Yeah that's true, we do have to get up close, I can feel the breath of the patients sometimes lol but that's with any medical profession right?

Jazakallah Khairan for the dua and may Allah bring success to you in your field.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Yeah that's true, we do have to get up close, I can feel the breath of the patients sometimes lol but that's with any medical profession right?

Jazakallah Khairan for the dua and may Allah bring success to you in your field.

Nah brother, family haven't decided yet. We kinda have family scattered all over including Toronto, Mineapolis, Ottawa lol
              So quite a variety but I think we are going to Toronto (I think!)
              Haha
              Yeah I guess that's just present in any medical profession really.

Afwan ahki (youre welcome)

Comment

Kick back and read a good book.

Comment

Cool

Ma shaa Allah

Who else likes indulging in a really good book?
                  I do!

However, young adult books have become so stupidly predictable over the last few years, and when i tried to read adult books *shudders", there was so much shamelessness I wanted to barf.
                  www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I'd like to dedicate this thread to methods of chillaxing...
                    I suppose there's a lot of different characters and personalities on here so I enjoy the prospect of entertaining many different responses.....
                    Plus, we all appear a little overly stressed/ depressed lately

Share your way of chilling out!

Ooooooo
                    Usually, I have an energy drink(don't tell me it's harmful, I know it) whenever I'am extremely distressed, so much so that I can't bear the situation am going through !!
                    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

What a long day, 30 patients, drove me nuts!!!!

So tired, was suppose to go and watch a movie but can't, want to sleep like some of you lazies lol
                      Are you a doctor?
                      MashaAllah!! if so
                      Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

not in my profession we do not get that close. I know in yours that you will most likely be behind closed doors and up close to the patients.

How does your wife feel knowing that you are so up close to female patients at times
                        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

Comment

Haha

Yo, Sheik Google! Hook me up at your optometry!

Mind you, I know alot about eyes, I even found out what an Iris is!!

(OHHHH. I'm sick!!) lol jokes

But on a real note, what's it like working in your field?
                          I once thought of taking up optometry, never came to fruition though. Im not handy with machines and the like.....

I went for a humanities subject instead.....
                          Yeah, I was thinking of doing optometry as well at one point. Good thing about my country is that uni is free and we avoid debt that way.

Whereas in canada or america you are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars and your education is basically haraam and is not permitted.

I actually did optometry work experience at a family run optometrists. They were actually going to offer me a job. But something happened in that work experience that sort of ruined that. Basically I passed out because I was not feeling well. It was really weird. I felt so embarassed.

But anyway, I never did end up doing optometry. I did pharmacy instead.

But yeah, in optometry you do get very close to patients. I do not know how any female would go into that profession knowing you are so close to their mouth. I myself have had an examination done and the optometrist was so close to me that is was rather uncomfortable. You can probably smell someones body odour as well. hahaha. It can probably be quite bad in the summer, especially if you are in a hot stuffy room and the door is closed.
                          Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                          ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

Comment

Eat chocolate
                            Okay :)

Comment

When i'm chilling, I sometimes play the Xbox or watch footy with a nice cold glass of Pepsi and Doritos crisps :D

Comment

Working...
                              X