Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can you even wake up for Fajr?

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    Summer is coming, and that mean earlier prayer times.

I have a lot of schoolwork so I always end up working until midnight on my schoolwork, and fajr is at 5:30 here and still going earlier. I always oversleep until 6 and that's after constant badgering to get up and pray (I pray regularly but it's so hard to pray this early sometimes. And my grandma who can easily wake up for fajr all the time, is going on a trip for a few months so I will be the one who has to get up for fajr (since my whole family are deep sleepers)

So my question is: How do you get up for fajr when it's so early and when you get so little sleep?

And suggesting I go to sleep earlier won't really help because I'm doing advanced courses that require hours of studying.
    This may sound horrible, but basically I did this. Sleep as early as possible (straight after Isha- you can pray Isha quite soon after Maghrib). Then wake up at 4 for Fajr (try your very best to wake up). After you've woken up, no matter how tired you are, do not go back to sleep. Stay up until Isha and then sleep and have a short power nap sometime during the day. This will get you used to getting up for fajr regularly. Although this is best during the holidays, I don't usually do this when I have school

Comment

Re: How can you even wake up for Fajr?

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
      I pray Fajr regularly though. I'm just asking how to make getting up easier as we ease into the summer
      Oh sorry read the title and posted.
      Well, you have to decide between sleeping after praying fajr or trying to force yourself into waking up by alarms etc. No easy way around it.

The more sacrifices you make for Allah, the more reward you get I suppose

Good luck on all the studying :up:
      Believe
      there is
      good in the world

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X