Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for brothers who live at home

:salams

For the brothers who still live at home, I have two (three depending on the answers) questions.

1. Do you help your parents out with the bills? If so, for how long?
    2. Are you currently saving money for mahr/marriage stuff? And if you are going (went) to school, are you paying for it?
    3. If you don't do any of this, then where does your money go? Do you even have any?

This thread isn't a dig at brothers so don't take it as such, I just want to see what the answers are.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: Question for brothers who live at home

Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

Is living at home a requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

For the brothers who still live at home, I have two (three depending on the answers) questions.

2. Are you currently saving money for mahr/marriage stuff? And if you are going (went) to school, are you paying for it?
      3. If you don't do any of this, then where does your money go? Do you even have any?

This thread isn't a dig at brothers so don't take it as such, I just want to see what the answers are.
      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't live home anymore as such.

When I did, I paid very little towards anything, mainly due to me saving for a wedding and a future.

Thanks to Allah swt it worked, in my situation it was the right thing with my parents backing.

To repay the opportunity my parents gave me, I always hand a lump sum when needed to my parents, for house renovations\sister wedding etc and insa'hallah will be paying for their Haj. This is the least I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post
          Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

Is living at home a requirement?
          For this question, yes. But if you don't, then answer how you would when you use to live with your parents.
          وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
          "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

1. studying
            2. No I got other things on my mind
            3. I rarely spend money

Comment

For this question, yes. But if you don't, then answer how you would when you use to live with your parents.
              JazakAllah Khair for the reply

- AlhamduLillah every month and its been quiet sometime now.
              - AlhamduLillah yes and looking forward to it. Finished studies and paid my own fee without any Riba involved
              - I divide my income in four sections, family, savings, expenses and charity. I am against keeping a big bank balance and the more you keep the more shaytaan comes in (Just my opinion)

Comment

Q1. Nope
                Q2 (i) nope (ii) no it's free
                Q3 (i) the little money I have just goes on bits and pieces

Comment

w/salam

1. Yes, been doing it since I started working. 5 years now.

2. My schooling is paid off. Not saving for marriage.

Comment

:wswrwb:

1) No. I don't think I could hold down a job.

2) No, because I'm not looking into getting married (even if I had money, I still wouldn't be looking to get married). The reason is essentially the same as the first. It's not that I don't want to do something with my life-- of course I want to-- but I'm more-or-less mentally unstable. Marriage is a huge comittment, something that should not be taken lightly. I'm not able to commit to it.

I'm not going to school either; I dropped out of 10th grade and haven't gone back.

3) I don't have a regular source of income. Any money that I get from others is mostly spent on books, food and donations to my city's Humane Society (I volunteer for them).
                    Last edited by drac16; 11-04-14, 02:36 AM.
                    "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

1. Yes, since I started working but gradually been paying more… to now paying all expenses even though my parents work
                      2. Yes, alhumdulilah I have a few investments ie gold and properties… I also go uni part time which I'm paying for
                      If knowledge was a justification for taqwa then shaytan would be the most muttaqi - maulana Zahir Mahmood
                      'More beloved to me than 23 years of lecturing' Sheikh Ahmed Ali
                      Islamic etiquette for social media
                      http://youtu.be/VVa7av9eKkY

Comment

good thread Pippin

many people are spoon fed, and that makes it harder for them when they have to pay own expenses
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:wswrwb:

1. Brothers live with parents and they run the house financially, from bread and milk to all taxes and bills. Father do have an income :alhumdull but its saved up and used for an emergency like urgent renovation of the house, hajj etc.... They started earning at the age around 16 doing odd jobs like paperboy and working weekends in poundshop, but they werent obliged to take over full expenses then, however when they got their proper permanent job at the age 17 and 19, they took over financially responsibility of the house.

2. Wouldnt know but mum sure does lol she will tell me this gold is for my DIL and that gold is for my DIL ... I doubt bro does saving, In my fam only mum and sis are good savers, rest of us have freehand :(

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                            1. studying
                            2. No I got other things on my mind
                            3. I rarely spend money
                            I don't get the first answer?

Comment

1) At the time I lived with my parents I took care of the groceries, general house maintenance costs a long with my dad of course, that's about it.

2) I paid for my wedding, some of it was my dad's money because my loan for school was high, will pay him back eventually, I paid for school as well. Mahr not paid yet, agreed upon once all necessities are cleared, to be honest she doesn't need it, she made more than me the first few years regardless it's a part of the marriage contract so I will follow through on it.

3) Money is currently being saved for a custom house

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X