Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live simple, live free

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
    That's really true. I realized that I had too many clothes I never wore -_____- I was very addicted in buying new clothes till they piled up. I remembered when I shopped, my friend said to me, don't you have the similar clothes like this, and I said, really, I don't remember. lol. Because there are just too many of them. Glad I got rid most of them now for charity. It's true that we need to be content with less.

Surely, I also subscribed to your homesteading thread. Lotsa good tips there :up:
    My secret is that I absolutely hate cleaning. If I got married I might pay my husband to clean for me lol. The way I get around it is getting rid of stuff I despise cleaning the most. Cluttered rooms drive me absolutely insane, and they don't look very nice on top of collecting a lot of dust that's almost impossible to get rid of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Minimalist-Bedroom-Ideas-35-1-Kindesign.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	10750579

^ A bed, wall-closet/wardrobe, curtains and rug make a perfect room. Add a few potted plants and I'd be in heaven :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by WhatSheSaid View Post
      How do you deal with family members though? I find a lot of immigrant communities put emphasis on flaunting even though they genuinely can't afford and would probably do better living minimally LOL.
      I understand it's so hard to make them understand. But I am being strict with myself and they finally understand. lol

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
        My secret is that I absolutely hate cleaning. If I got married I might pay my husband to clean for me lol. The way I get around it is getting rid of stuff I despise cleaning the most. Cluttered rooms drive me absolutely insane, and they don't look very nice on top of collecting a lot of dust that's almost impossible to get rid of.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69986[/ATTACH]

^ A bed, wall-closet/wardrobe, curtains and rug make a perfect room. Add a few potted plants and I'd be in heaven :inlove:
        Me too. I can do that once a week only. No more. But with less stuffs now, I find it easier to clean my room. lol.

That's a very simple and cozy bedroom :love:

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Me too. I can do that once a week only. No more. But with less stuffs now, I find it easier to clean my room. lol.

That's a very simple and cozy bedroom :love:
          A fireplace and blizzard outside and a box of s'mores ingredients would make it look cozier :D

I updated my thread tell me if I missed anything

Comment

SubhanAllah, I was wondering if there were other Muslims in the West who like minimalism. It really helps to to appreciate what you have and give a sense of peace.
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]“The Day they come forth nothing concerning them will be concealed from Allah. To whom belongs [all] sovereignty this Day? To Allah, the One, the Irresistible!” (Qur’an, 40: 16)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaMe View Post
              SubhanAllah, I was wondering if there were other Muslims in the West who like minimalism. It really helps to to appreciate what you have and give a sense of peace.
              Alhamdulillah, there are many muslims in the west who live the life of minimalism. In fact, one family who I know anout consist a man who works as an engineer in the waterworks, his wife who is British born and bred, and probably got a good education behind her, and a few beautiful children!

The difference between the muslim minimalism and the non-muslim minimalism is characterised in the following:-

The muslim seeks to reduce the spending of the valuable assets that Allah has trusted upon us in this world (time, wealth, health/energy/youthbehind worldly causes, and focus the spending of these assets in the way of Allah, for the sake of Allah.

The non-muslim doesn't believe in the Hereafter, so he will obviously not be wanting to make any preperation for it. In that case, his sacrifices towards living a life of minimalism are only for temporary superficial gains.
              وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
              Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

MashaAllah, I agree with your opinion. Because we believe in Al Akhira, we take the reasons behind minimalism and its ultimate goal further.
                [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]“The Day they come forth nothing concerning them will be concealed from Allah. To whom belongs [all] sovereignty this Day? To Allah, the One, the Irresistible!” (Qur’an, 40: 16)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

81 Itsy-Bitsy Ways to Live A More Simple Life

Comment

http://productivemuslim.com/intervie...#comment-33227
                    Look ukthi ! Productive Muslim interview the Zen Habits/Mnmlist blogger ! Great read! Stay simple :)
                    :salams

Comment

Last edited by wifeseeker; 13-02-15, 01:01 AM. Reason: old

Comment

I need a simple wife

Comment

Its simple, we cant thank Allah enough for all that we been given when there are so many of our deserving muslim brothers and sisters in the world with little to eat, minimal clothing and not a proper place to live

So my tip is to be grateful to Allah for everything you have. Maybe pray 2 nawaafil to thank Him
                          Believe
                          there is
                          good in the world

Comment

*bump*

How to make clothes last longer
                            17-07

Comment

Originally posted by SheSaid View Post
                              Making clothes last longer means it will be impossible to declutter closet. I much prefer clothes that I can wear for short term and get rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by Crestfallen
                                Clothes are so expensive yet only last like 2 years max.
                                Buy cheap clothes and replace them often. Easy on the closet. For guys its not much issue but girls don't like wearing the same ol thing years after years. After a while we start craving new things

Comment

Working...
                                X