Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Islamic advice - pictures, and Facebook

Asalamu alaykum everyone,

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I'm confused about a few Islamic rulings - was wondering if someone can shed some light -

1) are pictures of humans haram to take and store on our mobile phones? Which opinion is best and which do u follow?

2) is it halal to post photos on Facebook, provided u only have female contacts and it's of u in hijab and abaya AND you have privacy setting so only they can see ur pics?
    Last edited by UmmAbdulMalik; 10-04-14, 12:26 AM.

Re: Need some Islamic advice - pictures, and Facebook

Wa Alaikum Assalam,

I am no expert on this so more knowledgeable people will answer better,

1 view= haram we shouldn't take pictures at all

2nd view= we can take pictures from phone but we can't print them.

Personally I stay away from FB and stuff, makes you kill time too much, some people may find ways to see pictures of you, why risk it?
    or sometimes your own nafs takes over then you'll be seeing stuff which a person should not be seeing.

This is no fatwa or anything just normal talk.

I only take pictures of natural stuff or when necessary.
    Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I'm confused about a few Islamic rulings - was wondering if someone can shed some light -

1) are pictures of humans haram to take and store on our mobile phones? Which opinion is best and which do u follow?

2) is it halal to post photos on Facebook, provided u only have female contacts and it's of u in hijab and abaya AND you have privacy setting so only they can see ur pics?
      Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb Sis,

1. http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5611?txt_QuestionID=
      The stronger ruling is that picture in any form is Haram but some Scholars say that digital photography is OK. On a personal note i follow that it is haraam

2. You can do all what you can from your side but what about the other party? What if your female contacts brother is also using the same PC or sees your pics? I know everything is possible but one should be extremely careful.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Just to add even when your account is fully locked on private etc... there are members of certain organisations such as facebook themself who can view these pictures and sell them to companies. I would strongly advise against adding pictures on any social networks. Also read the small print if you agree to the T's and C's they have a right to do so. I had a facebook update on my phone just recently asking me to allow them permission for viewing my text and sms messages and so on?! You should be careful what you put on there.

Comment

:wswrwb:

1. I go with the view that digital photos are allowed, however try to avoid taking pictures of other people and limit the number of ones you take with yourself...

2. I don't put pictures online anywhere, Facebook included. Your profile picture on Facebook can be seen by everyone. Your private pictures on Facebook can be seen by sisters added as friends but do you trust them completely, you know them all personally and good? It could be that some perverts make Facebook accounts posing as females while they are men. What if a sister lets her Facebook account open and a mahram male sees your picture accidentally. Plus Facebook staff can see everything even set on private. Or your account gets hacked. There are many issues with Facebook and internet privacy generally, never is 100% private.
          "You cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life. But we can decide what happens in us..how we can take it, what we do with it..and that is what really counts in the end." ~ Joseph Fort Newton ~

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post

Anyone can access your photos even if you have it on private settings.

I remember when I used to upload pics of me, I had this photo on private but still some guy managed to access it.

And besides who says those females don't have brothers that can easily see them?
            Last edited by *sheba*; 10-04-14, 03:14 AM.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

And besides who says those females don't have brothers that can easily see them?[/QUOTE]
              Originally posted by The White Rose View Post
              Just to add even when your account is fully locked on private etc... there are members of certain organisations such as facebook themself who can view these pictures and sell them to companies. I would strongly advise against adding pictures on any social networks. Also read the small print if you agree to the T's and C's they have a right to do so. I had a facebook update on my phone just recently asking me to allow them permission for viewing my text and sms messages and so on?! You should be careful what you put on there.
              oh man thats creepy. The only pics i have is on my IG and I cant access it so I cant delete em
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I have only males on my facebook, and I still don't post my picture.
                La illaha ilallah

Comment

Working...
                X