X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can I survive the Summer?!?!

Originally posted by Taaraa View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm asking my fellow sisters if they can give any tips for what to wear in the summer or what kind of fabrics are good? And maybe provide some websites that ship to the U.S. And not so expensive.

It will be my first summer wearing hijab and I don't want to be sweaty and unhappy the whole summer.

Please and thank you!
    :wswrwb:

Just wear looooooose flowyyyyyyy abaya with khimaar and you are good to go :up:

You will feel sweaty and itchy if you wear too many or too tight clothes under it

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Wear thin, summer hijabs/scarfs... I personally prefer the viscose ones as they are thin, soft, breathable but not see-through so you can wear them without a cap or anything else under. The caps used to make my hair sweaty.

For clothing I'd recommend abayas as they stay loose on the body, they don't stick to skin and air circulates under it. There are summer abayas made from thin materials also. I got one from www.mybatua.com . Check their site, they have sales too and they have stylish, colored abayas also if you don't feel comfortable with black abayas yet.

An option to abayas are the summer maxi dresses but you need a top to cover upper part. I use tunic tops, those waist length with long sleeves and buttons or zipper so to leave it open but to cover arms and back; the back and front neck it's covered by hijab. Or skirts with tunic tops indeed.

A good US shop is http://www.eastessence.com
      Last edited by Zemra; 09-04-14, 06:22 PM.
      "You cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life. But we can decide what happens in us..how we can take it, what we do with it..and that is what really counts in the end." ~ Joseph Fort Newton ~

Comment

Originally posted by Taaraa View Post
        Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm asking my fellow sisters if they can give any tips for what to wear in the summer or what kind of fabrics are good? And maybe provide some websites that ship to the U.S. And not so expensive.

It will be my first summer wearing hijab and I don't want to be sweaty and unhappy the whole summer.

Please and thank you!
        You'll be just as unhappy, hot and sticky without it as you will with it, trust me. In fact without it, I used to burn faster and the sun used to destroy my scalp and neck. I had to wear a hat anyway lol. In the deserts of africa and arabia, the men actually wear hijab just to keep the sun's heat off of them:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	tuaregs600_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	10746438 Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuareg.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	10746439

Just get some lightweight cloth like linen (as I said in the other thread) and make sure it's not any dark colors. And make sure you stay out of direct sunlight for too long if you burn easy, because some people can still burn through hijab. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-beautif...-/301128208268

Comment

I was just as hot not wearing a head scarf/clothes that didnt cover properly as I am now that I wear that. Actually, I noticed the head scarf works like a hat honestly... Makes me not feel as much heat. It's why when Arabs traveled through the deserts they work the head covering thing (don't know the name in English). You'll get used to it quickly.
          "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Stay indoors.
            Don't do anything until after sundown (vampire).
            Wear light fabric (cotton, linen, chiffon).
            If you wear hijab, don't wear an underscarf.
            Look for scarves that are really thin. Avoid pashminas!

Comment

http://www.eastessence.com/islamic-c...mens-Size.html

I'd wear this, really nice.

Comment

Walakam salam, last summer was my first summer with hijab and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I actually felt much cooler since my skin was not exposed to the sun like it was in my non-hijab days. I think the loose fabrics also help to keep you cool. I wore a lot of maxi skirts/dresses with tunics or very thin/light cardigans. The Gap & Target sells some inexpensive maxi skirts/dresses that are decent quality and made from a nice soft cotton that will keep you cool. I've made the mistake of buying some from Old Navy but they are very cheap quality and did not last.

Comment

You don't know what summer is , until you experienced summer of Pakistan.. Your summer is their winter.

Comment

I don't want it to be Summer :(

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      I don't want it to be Summer :(
                      it already is summer *cries*

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                        it already is summer *cries*
                        lol summer starts in december in california :P

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                          lol summer starts in december in california :P
                          lol finally someone who understands!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                            lol finally someone who understands!!!!
                            My friend from east coast was complaining about the snow crusting up on her car, and how she couldn't get it started, was out of antifreeze, ect. And I had almost forgotten what it's like to live in the snow.

So I told her oh yeah I feel you, today I got a sunburn because I was standing in the sun bbqing. Then I gave her this. She swore at me :o :evilb:

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                              My friend from east coast was complaining about the snow crusting up on her car, and how she couldn't get it started, was out of antifreeze, ect. And I had almost forgotten what it's like to live in the snow.

So I told her oh yeah I feel you, today I got a sunburn because I was standing in the sun bbqing. Then I gave her this. She swore at me :o :evilb:
                              lolz,,

Comment

Working...
                              X