Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I survive the Summer?!?!

Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm asking my fellow sisters if they can give any tips for what to wear in the summer or what kind of fabrics are good? And maybe provide some websites that ship to the U.S. And not so expensive.

It will be my first summer wearing hijab and I don't want to be sweaty and unhappy the whole summer.

Please and thank you!

Re: How can I survive the Summer?!?!

Stay home turn the AC on
    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Not a sister of course but pay attention to the colors. Dark colors such as black,purple,brown..etc attract heat while light colors such as light blue,yellow,white..make you feel cooler.

Found this through google(the text is below the picture of clothes..)
      http://www.hautehijab.com/blogs/hija...obe-essentials

Comment

Originally posted by Taaraa View Post
        Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm asking my fellow sisters if they can give any tips for what to wear in the summer or what kind of fabrics are good? And maybe provide some websites that ship to the U.S. And not so expensive.

It will be my first summer wearing hijab and I don't want to be sweaty and unhappy the whole summer.

Please and thank you!
        :wswrwb:

There's a nice thread here about what to wear during the summer, it includes some links to where you can purchase affordable clothing online: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ear-for-summer

Also, as someone who get to experience very hot and humid summers I can tell you that hijab is not much to worry about. When it's sweltering and everyone is complaining about the heat, you would be hot whether you wear hijab or nothing. Take comfort in knowing that people who are wearing much less are still hot so it doesn't matter. And on days when it's cooler and wearing less clothes might make a slight difference, it's cooler so there's no need to wear less.... It all works out. :up:

And from experience: I wear all black and layers. It doesn't make a difference what color I wear, but obviously heavy material will make you hotter.

Comment

How can I survive the Summer?!?!

I stay cooler with a hijab on in the summer. wear a simple summer abaaya and a light hijab. I wasn't hot dressed like that but I was shocked to see people wearing barely any clothes sweaty and dying in the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
            Stay home turn the AC on
            yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
              Stay home turn the AC on
              That's what I do !

I HATE the season of summer !

Comment

Originally posted by niightowl View Post
                That's what I do !

I HATE the season of summer !
                isn't it the worst I hate this season. im in cali and its already 91f here this week and rising

last summer I almost died like 2 times :(

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                  isn't it the worst I hate this season. im in cali and its already 91f here this week and rising

last summer I almost died like 2 times :(
                  Let's not forget about those creepy insects & flies we have to deal with. ( lol )

Comment

Let's not forget about those creepy insects & flies we have to deal with. ( lol )
                    uuuuugh I hate that the most!

allergies!

just kill me now!

Comment

May Allah reward the sisters for keeping their hijab and even niqabs on during hot climate.

Wallahi, so much respect
                      70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                        May Allah reward the sisters for keeping their hijab and even niqabs on during hot climate.

Wallahi, so much respect
                        thank you! its hard espeshly when you have to walk in the 105(40c)+ heat

Comment

uuuuugh I hate that the most!

allergies!

just kill me now!
                          With so many brothers going in & out, it's hard to keep the windows & doors closed !!

Comment

thank you! its hard espeshly when you have to walk in the 105(40c)+ heat
                            one time i heard a story where a sister was asked whether it was hot under all that clothing and she said that the hell fire was hotter.

this thread reminded me of that.
                            70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

With so many brothers going in & out, it's hard to keep the windows & doors closed !!
                              feel sorry for you, I scream at them to keep that dang door closed lol

Originally posted by عبد المنعم View Post
                              one time i heard a story where a sister was asked whether it was hot under all that clothing and she said that the hell fire was hotter.

this thread reminded me of that.
                              yes, that's my mantra when im walking home about to faint lol hell is hotter. been saying it for years now and it helps me and gives me strength everytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X