No announcement yet.

Do All Women Have To Cover Their Hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do All Women Have To Cover Their Hair?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Is there any truth in it that an older/elderly lady does not have to wear a scarf to cover her hair?

Hijab is more than that. If she is modestly dressed but old and not attractive, does that still count?

barak Allahu feekm

Re: Do All Women Have To Cover Their Hair?

wa 3lykum alsalam

read this http://islamqa.info/en/111940 in short..

Allaah has permitted elderly women to uncover their faces before non-mahram men, but that is subject to the condition that they do not uncover anything of their adornment that may be a cause of fitnah, so they should not wear attractive or fancy clothes or put any cosmetics on their faces to beautify them.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And as for women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain (i.e. not to discard their outer clothing) is better for them. And Allaah is All‑Hearer, All‑Knower”

[al-Noor 24:60].

Abu Bakr al-Jassaas (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: With regard to the words of Allaah, “women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock” [al-Noor 24:60], Ibn Mas’ood and Mujaahid said: Women past childbearing who do not expect wedlock are those who do not want it, and their outer garments are their jilbabs.

Then he said: There is no dispute that the hair of an elderly woman is ‘awrah and it is not permissible for a non-mahram to look at it, as is the case with the hair of a young woman. If she prays with her head uncovered, then like a young woman (in the same situation), her prayer is invalid. So it cannot be that the meaning is that she may take off her head covering in the presence of a non-mahram man.

Comment

Thank sis! I knew I'd read something about it but I couldn't find it.

So, just their face is ok but still not their hair to be uncovered?

The woman in our house was asking me and I said I would find out for her. She said "...and anyway, converting to Islam would be difficult for me as I would not like to wear a scarf on my head all summer."

I was thinking to my own self....... positive, at least she has contemplated herself in the clothing, that must mean she has had further thoughts on actual being a Muslim herself and what it might mean for her.

Even if her end comment was superficial. Alhamdulillah, I'm still smiling ^__________________^

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
        Thank sis! I knew I'd read something about it but I couldn't find it.

So, just their face is ok but still not their hair to be uncovered?

The woman in our house was asking me and I said I would find out for her. She said "...and anyway, converting to Islam would be difficult for me as I would not like to wear a scarf on my head all summer."

I was thinking to my own self....... positive, at least she has contemplated herself in the clothing, that must mean she has had further thoughts on actual being a Muslim herself and what it might mean for her.

Even if her end comment was superficial. Alhamdulillah, I'm still smiling ^__________________^
        ya and she can wear like u kno loose clothes doesn't have to be 3abaya, just something modest and loose.

aww al7mdulilah I hope she gets more interested :D

Comment

Working...
        X