Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abuse in Relationships in the Name of Islam - Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan & Haleh Banani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nafs al Tawabah
    replied
    Re: Abuse in Relationships in the Name of Islam - Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan & Haleh Bana

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
    If the husband is verbally or physically abusing his wife, then she can leave the house and refuse to come back in (in an attempt to run away from the predatory animal (i.e. bad husband)). {2321, The Guding Helper}

Definition of Abuse

"He [the husband] may cause his wife different forms of harm, such as cursing her or her family, reviling her, verbally abusing her for the tiniest of reasons. He may insult her because of her family, if it is less prestigious or honorable than his. Or he may try to bring harm to her by divorcing her and then, before the waiting period is finished, bring her back as his wife and then divorce her again. All this is done without the intention of returning to a real married life but simply to harm her and transgress her rights. Or he may avoid having sexual intercourse with her for no reason or legal sanction. This may lead the woman to lose her chastity and doing something forbidden." (Al-Bahuti al-Hanbali, Kishaaf al-Qinaa’ an Matn al-Iqnaa’, vol. 5, pp. 184, 290, 213; Ibn Abideen, Radd al-Mukhtar ala al-Darr al-Mukhtar wa Hashiyah, vol. 3, p. 190; Tafseer al-Manaar, vol. 5, p. 76)
    Jzk Allah khair for the definition. Have you got something for the abuse perpetrated by parents?

Leave a comment:

• Repentant
    replied
    Re: Abuse in Relationships in the Name of Islam - Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan & Haleh Bana

If the husband is verbally or physically abusing his wife, then she can leave the house and refuse to come back in (in an attempt to run away from the predatory animal (i.e. bad husband)). {2321, The Guiding Helper}

Definition of Abuse

"He [the husband] may cause his wife different forms of harm, such as cursing her or her family, reviling her, verbally abusing her for the tiniest of reasons. He may insult her because of her family, if it is less prestigious or honorable than his. Or he may try to bring harm to her by divorcing her and then, before the waiting period is finished, bring her back as his wife and then divorce her again. All this is done without the intention of returning to a real married life but simply to harm her and transgress her rights. Or he may avoid having sexual intercourse with her for no reason or legal sanction. This may lead the woman to lose her chastity and doing something forbidden." (Al-Bahuti al-Hanbali, Kishaaf al-Qinaa’ an Matn al-Iqnaa’, vol. 5, pp. 184, 290, 213; Ibn Abideen, Radd al-Mukhtar ala al-Darr al-Mukhtar wa Hashiyah, vol. 3, p. 190; Tafseer al-Manaar, vol. 5, p. 76)
    Last edited by Repentant; 09-04-14, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• muqallid
    replied

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
    It's always funny I find how some Muslims like to cover up some dirt of fellow Muslims and cite daleel but then hypocritically seem to support exposing people in other situations when they're still a 'fellow Muslim'.

I don't get the double standards such people employ

ALL injustice by Muslims should be pointed out and stamped out.
    Never seen that on this forum or anywhere else

Leave a comment:

• Grimmjow
    replied

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    this depends on what your talking about,

any Sin a person commits is an Injustice against themselves, or others, or both.

we don't have a right to go diging up peoples sins and character assasinate them,

:jkk:
    I think he's talking about in the context of domestic abuse. Frankly, if a man is an abuser, then word should be spread out so no woman marries him until he learns to change his ways (which may happen or may not)

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

It's always funny I find how some Muslims like to cover up some dirt of fellow Muslims and cite daleel but then hypocritically seem to support exposing people in other situations when they're still a 'fellow Muslim'.

this depends on what your talking about,

any Sin a person commits is an Injustice against themselves, or others, or both.

we don't have a right to go diging up peoples sins and character assasinate them,

Leave a comment:

• Nafs al Tawabah
    replied

I guess it's sensitive and involves a lot of family and friends but we shouldn't allow abuse to carry on in the name of Islam - that is just wrong. In terms of how to deal with abusers Islamically then I'm sure there are many ways - from advice, to warnings, to monitoring, to separation and maybe even something more drastic if it is called for!

Most importantly people should realise it's not Islamic to abuse people emotionally, mentally or physically and if someone does that then they need re-educating. Doesn't get any more simple than that but I guess this is the cesspit of Islam being mixed up with bad traditions/cultures.

Leave a comment:

• Constant Hope
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abuse in Relationships in the Name of Islam - Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan & Haleh Banani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEMNx7a1bY

Mods please move this if I've put it in the wrong section - sorry.

I'm posting this so folk who have social media networks can share this and spread the message. Maybe it might be harsh airing the dirty laundry of our own community but there are Muslims suffering and IMHO they need our protection first and foremost.

No one should be allowed to damage the deen of Allah SWT because they are inadequate for whatever reason. The more the people against this abuse speak out the more the perpetrators will be cornered and stopped.

May Allah put tranquility and hope in the hearts of all humans who suffer abuse and guide the oppressors from their darknesses into the light - amen.

Working...
X