No announcement yet.

Overprotective Parents, Please Help Me, I feel like I cannot breath anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overprotective Parents, Please Help Me, I feel like I cannot breath anymore

Originally posted by ICantBreath View Post
    My parents are overprotective and controlling, I cry everyday and no one I talk to understands because they just say "Your 18 so they can't control you anymore" Please help it is not like that I am 18 and now they have gotten worse. I can't talk to friends over the phone, I can't hang out with friends. They won't let me choose my roommate in college and they are making me live with someone who is Muslim (I dont mind that but everyone else is so happy around me at school talking about roommates and who they are requesting). I wanted to have a choice. If I discuss this overprotectivness with them, like I told my mom that this is making me depressed, she gets insulted and mad and says that I am acting American and "am I muslim or not?" but I don't want to leave islam, I just want to spend time with my friends and experience happiness. I know that no one can help me but thank you for reading and I don't want to kill myself.
    seriously, ?

and you just had to create a Username of ICantBreath ?

you have a Duty to Obey your parents,

they are doing what is good for you, as far as I can see,

the problem seems to lie with you,

I suggest you do a bit of Self-Reflection

:jkk:
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Re: Overprotective Parents, Please Help Me, I feel like I cannot breath anymore

Originally posted by ICantBreath View Post
      Thanks for your reply! No I found that that they are VERY hesitant and they are looking at state universities close to home so I don't have to dorm...my parents don't like my friends very much because they are not muslim.

I have never done anything bad to have broken their trust. I have never sneaked out or anything of that sort.
      it is better for you to hang around with practicing Muslim friends, as they will have a good influence on you.
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
      X