Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about my friend

Assalamu Alaikum

I am from benin.I have a friend who practices islam with traditional african beliefs.Is that allowed in islam?

Re: A question about my friend

Assalamu Alaikum

I am from benin.I have a friend who practices islam with traditional african beliefs.Is that allowed in islam?
    What exactly is it? If he practices Islam but wears African clothes, does things in a cultural way ( For examples, Somalis kiss the elders hand and they do so as well), and they're not contrary to Islamic beliefs, there's no harm.

However, if it involves things like witchcraft and the like, it's haram.

Give me an example and I can tell you.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
      What exactly is it? If he practices Islam but wears African clothes, does things in a cultural way ( For examples, Somalis kiss the elders hand and they do so as well), and they're not contrary to Islamic beliefs, there's no harm.

However, if it involves things like witchcraft and the like, it's haram.

Give me an example and I can tell you.
      He prays five times a day and wears african clothes.But the problem is he sometimes attend local vodun gathering.

Comment

He prays five times a day and wears african clothes.But the problem is he sometimes attend local vodun gathering.
        then this would be kufr, a Muslim can no more attend such gatherings and follow islam than he could attend church on Sundays.
        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Working...
        X