Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-muslim Siblings/family - hijab?

:salams

Do you have to observe hijab in front of your non-muslim brothers or sisters? Or are they non-mahram as far as being a wali is concerned? Because I know that a non-muslim has no right over Muslims.

I'd like religious rulings rather than opinions. I couldn't find any about siblings, only father-in-laws and kaafir women.

Re: Non-muslim Siblings/family - hijab?

:wswrwb:

What can a Muslim woman uncover in front of kaafir mahrams and women?

See if this helps.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

we don't have to wear hijab infront of them cuz they are our blood brothers by father/mother.
      Last edited by *aisha*; 01-04-14, 11:11 PM. Reason: explained better

Comment

The Fiqh of Covering One's Nakedness (Awra): A Detailed Explanation

Scroll to section G.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            Wow, if a non-muslim mahram may guard a woman to hajj, then why aren't they allowed in makkah? Did I misunderstand him?

Comment

Difference of opinion.

1. "Imam Abu Hanifa understood the verse to refer only to the actual pilgrimage, not to mere entrance, and therefore maintained that polytheists could enter any mosque, even the Sacred Mosque of Mecca..[but] they simply could not perform the pilgrimage, neither hajj nor umra,"

2. "Imam Shafi’i interpreted the verse to mean that after that year, polytheists were not allowed to enter the Sacred Mosque of Mecca, yet they could enter other mosques."

3. Imam Ahmad, same as #2.

4. "Imam Malik understood the verse to be more general and therefore maintained that polytheists could not enter the Sacred Mosque of Mecca nor any mosque whatsoever."

Are non-Muslims Allowed to Enter Mecca and the Sacred Mosque (Haram)?

Comment

Working...
              X