Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

    -:salams

    -I need advice or general directions I should take regarding this issue inshallah someone can help me. I've been saving up money to go overseas and learn classical arabic for better understanding of the Quran and learning Islam. That and hijra being one of the reasons (please don't suggest I don't make hijra, I've had it with talking about it with people that shun me for thinking it). The problem is which country would allow me to have a job and rent an apartment. I'm not asking for much, I've grew up in the "ghetto" and it isn't really the best condition you want to live in but I've dealt with it and because of it I've become contempt on many things so luxury isn't an issue. Egypt was and might still be the main place because of two reasons, I know more Egyptian brothers that are willing to help me plus they have a place for me to stay. Plus one of the brothers worked at a job which hires english speakers and he has good ties with a manager and could get me started which means I'd have a source of income.

    -The problem is, you know the situation there, though it's not quite disqualified, inshallah the plan is to go to Al Fajr to learn Arabic and than go study. But I want more options, Morocco, Tunisia and Yemen has been suggested to me, though I would like Morocco, it doesn't quite have all the perks I'm looking for. Both might but I want to know that I can work and sustain myself which is a big plus for me, Morocco and Yemen really attracts me but right now the main thing is the possibility of working. Inshallah someone with knowledge can help me with this (If I don't respond in a few hours, I'm most likely sleep).

  • #2
    Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

    People says North Africa is no good with classical arabic.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

      Originally posted by Al Siddiq View Post
      People says North Africa is no good with classical arabic.
      -Even MSA (don't know if it's the same), with the institutes that teaches it. Just enough for me to speak it and get an understanding of it, I know a brother that spoke good Arabic in three months (enough to converse). So general arabic is invited. Just a starting point for me even. I was suggested Sudan as well but my information regarding that place is blank besides like two places a good brother suggested, Mauritania is the main plan inshallah but I heard you at least should learn how to speak arabic before you go.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

        Originally posted by Al Siddiq View Post
        People says North Africa is no good with classical arabic.
        who said that? Do sheikhs in North Africa speak in chinese?

        If you go to Morocco you can eventually get jobs in hotels or call-centers , especially if you speak English. What is your job currently?
        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

          Originally posted by Massilia View Post
          who said that? Do sheikhs in North Africa speak in chinese?

          If you go to Morocco you can eventually get jobs in hotels or call-centers , especially if you speak English. What is your job currently?
          -This sounds good, I'm a sales associate/cashier, I deal with customers basically so dealing with people is easy for me. Will these be available in Fez?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

            -bump.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

              -bump

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
                -This sounds good, I'm a sales associate/cashier, I deal with customers basically so dealing with people is easy for me. Will these be available in Fez?
                sorry i forgot you


                yes in cha Allah go prospect first Morocco is cheap stay one month, rent a villa or flat and knock doors. I think hotels/resorts should appreciate your english

                everything is to be done in Morocco business wise
                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                  Originally posted by Al Siddiq View Post
                  People says North Africa is no good with classical arabic.
                  people in that other thread are talking about dialects but these north African countries do teach classical

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                    Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                    sorry i forgot you


                    yes in cha Allah go prospect first Morocco is cheap stay one month, rent a villa or flat and knock doors. I think hotels/resorts should appreciate your english

                    everything is to be done in Morocco business wise
                    -No worries, thanks for the help, 2 thing, what do you mean by knock doors? And how much should a person have saved up to do this inshallah?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                      Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
                      -No worries, thanks for the help, 2 thing, what do you mean by knock doors? And how much should a person have saved up to do this inshallah?
                      i think less than 1500-2000 dollars in cha Allah. And yet im sure im exagerrating. I think this would very comfortable

                      just take care if you use cabs. They do love exagerrating prices for tourists.
                      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                        :wswrwb:

                        Morocco would be a great place to learn the din. A lot of knowledge there! and if I were you I'd cross Egypt off of the list, not with that tyrant sissy running things now. Yemen is also good in terms of knowledge but I'm really not sure of the situation over there in terms of safety.. But going back to Morocco, they're really knowledgeable when it comes to Arabic and Qirat and of course you'd learn the Maliki madhab. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.
                        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                          Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                          i think less than 1500-2000 dollars in cha Allah. And yet im sure im exagerrating. I think this would very comfortable

                          just take care if you use cabs. They do love exagerrating prices for tourists.
                          -:jkk:, does that price range include the plane ticket?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                            Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                            :wswrwb:

                            Morocco would be a great place to learn the din. A lot of knowledge there! and if I were you I'd cross Egypt off of the list, not with that tyrant sissy running things now. Yemen is also good in terms of knowledge but I'm really not sure of the situation over there in terms of safety.. But going back to Morocco, they're really knowledgeable when it comes to Arabic and Qirat and of course you'd learn the Maliki madhab. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.
                            -:jkk: Morocco was actually one of the first places I thought of, it just a brother told me Egypt had the school Al Fajr but I was ignorant on what was happening over there. I like the idea of learning and feeling safe than as opposed to worrying about constant danger. I heard Yemen had good schools but I'm not knowledgeable about that as well so it's in the grey area. Morocco sounds like the best option so far, one brother recommended Tunisia but I don't think I ever met anyone from that place.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: -Learning classical arabic in North Africa + Job?

                              Originally posted by TheNamesMalik View Post
                              -:jkk:, does that price range include the plane ticket?
                              it could very well cover it although you live in US? I have no idea how much it costs from there. Because from Paris you get tickets to morocco for less than 300 easily especially with low-cost airlines


                              In Tunisia i believe the school is called Zaytuna, with many scholars coming out from there. But i dont have more info
                              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X