Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I remained deprived of offering Tahajjud Salaah for five months due to one sin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muslimgirl93
    replied
    Re: "I remained deprived of offering Tahajjud Salaah for five months due to one sin"

:jkk:

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
    Perhaps it was a considered a sin of suspicion since the Imaam (r.a.) suspected the man of being a hypocrite when he was crying?

:start:

"O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it ... But fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning Most Merciful." (Quran 49:12)

On this same topic of suspicion, the Holy Prophet (SAW) said: "Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the greatest lie. Do not be inquisitive about one another, or spy on one another. Do not outbid one another with a view to raising the price. Do not feel jealous and do not hold grudges against one another. Do not backbite, but be the servants of Allah like brothers amongst yourselves." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Leave a comment:

• Bint_Hajj
    replied
    Re: "I remained deprived of offering Tahajjud Salaah for five months due to one sin"

Originally posted by muslimgirl93 View Post

We can get punished for our thoughts? This is new to me.
    Perhaps it was a considered a sin of suspicion since the Imaam (r.a.) suspected the man of being a hypocrite when he was crying?

:start:

"O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it ... But fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning Most Merciful." (Quran 49:12)

On this same topic of suspicion, the Holy Prophet (SAW) said: "Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the greatest lie. Do not be inquisitive about one another, or spy on one another. Do not outbid one another with a view to raising the price. Do not feel jealous and do not hold grudges against one another. Do not backbite, but be the servants of Allah like brothers amongst yourselves." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Leave a comment:

• from the west:
    replied

Hmm, I did a bit of digging to reassure myself and clearly having bad thoughts is not sinful.

Bad thoughts being sinful is actually a Christianity thing. The story in the OP is not complete. Something else must have happened or he thought he was sinful when he really wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• muslimgirl93
    replied

We can get punished for our thoughts? This is new to me.

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
    :salams

I'll try to sister.

The Imaam (r.a.) was used to making tahajjud which is a blessing from Allah . However, he was deprived of this blessing for 5 months because of a sin he committed. The sin was to think poorly of someone - he saw a man crying and though that the man was a hypocrite.

I hope that helped.

Leave a comment:

• from the west:
    replied

It is a sin to have a momentary bad thought? The story doesn't sound complete. Did he go and say it to his face?

Leave a comment:

• Bint_Hajj
    replied

Originally posted by muslimgirl93 View Post
    Can someone explain, I'm confused...
    :salams

I'll try to sister.

The Imaam (r.a.) was used to making tahajjud which is a blessing from Allah . However, he was deprived of this blessing for 5 months because of a sin he committed. The sin was to think poorly of someone - he saw a man crying and though that the man was a hypocrite.

I hope that helped.

Leave a comment:

• muslimgirl93
    replied

Can someone explain, I'm confused...

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

SubhanAllah!

Leave a comment:

• Children-of-Ada
    replied

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
    :jkk: subhanAllah... I find it amazing that he was able to trace it down to one thought.. subhanAllah
    Truly amazing. It just shows how much focus they had on their akhira. It is like someone saying today they failed a job interview because they said one wrong word or had a small stain on their shirt - we (I know I) will comprehend it because we tend to focus on the dunya rather on the akhirah.

Leave a comment:

• whisperofimaan
    replied

:jkk: subhanAllah... I find it amazing that he was able to trace it down to one thought.. subhanAllah

Leave a comment:

• Abu Haneefah
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Islam3333
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mohamed12
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bint_Hajj
    replied

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post
    "What was that sin ?" When someone asked, the great Imaam Sufiyan Thauri (r.a) replied that once he saw a person crying & he thought in his mind that the man was a hypocrite. (Ihya).

Imagine! What an evil influence of a sinful thought. Yet we say very harsh things about others without any rhyme or reason. And if we have something against someone, we cross all limits in slandering him, even turning his virtues into vices, also publicize & magnify his weakness if any.
    :jkk: I've read the first part, but never the 2nd part and always wondered what the sin was as well.

I just finished watching this video and found it helpful. Maybe it will help someone else as well :insha:.

Leave a comment:

• "I remained deprived of offering Tahajjud Salaah for five months due to one sin"

"What was that sin ?" When someone asked, the great Imaam Sufiyan Thauri (r.a) replied that once he saw a person crying & he thought in his mind that the man was a hypocrite. (Ihya).

Imagine! What an evil influence of a sinful thought. Yet we say very harsh things about others without any rhyme or reason. And if we have something against someone, we cross all limits in slandering him, even turning his virtues into vices, also publicize & magnify his weakness if any.
Working...
X