is circumcision a must?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is circumcision a must?

Is circumcision a must for male Muslim converts??

Re: is circumcision a must?

no its not a MUST, Allah knows best.

Comment

is circumcision a must?

Thank you for reply

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Haneefah View Post
        no its not a MUST, Allah knows best.
        http://islamqa.info/en/1163

Supports this brothers point, but tbh, if you live in the west, it is possible to have it done, and might be something you should seriously consider having done. I also found this:

Regarding a male who accepts Islam and is above the age of puberty, or a child who was not circumcised for some reason until he reached puberty, then this has three possibilities:

1) If the male is able to endure the act of circumcision and there is no fear of harm being afflicted on him, and also it is done by oneself as not to expose the Awra in front of another person, then circumcision should be carried out.

2) If one is able to bear and endure without the fear of harm, but at the same time it will mean exposing ones Awra in front of another person, then there is a difference of opinion between the scholars on whether circumcision should be carried out.

On one hand, we have the order of not exposing your Awra in front of other people except in dire situations, but on the other hand, we have this great salient feature of Islam. Some of the contemporary scholars have said that in this situation circumcision should be carried out for two reasons:

a) Circumcision is a form of treatment, and the Fuqaha have given a dispensation in exposing the Awra for treatment and medication.

b) The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) is reported to have said: �Whoever accepts Islam should have his circumcision performed� (Talkhisal-Habir). In the light of the above narration, the scholars have said that if there is no fear of harm and the adult male is able to bear circumcision, then it should be carried out.

3) The third situation is where the grown up male is not in a position to tolerate or bear the pain of circumcision, or there is fear of harm being inflicted on him, then circumcision can be (and should be) avoided.
        http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...=1731&CATE=115
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

السلام عليكم

It brings me much relief to read this as I am an adult revert and fear circumcision for reason of pronounced sensitivity.
          The pain would be unbearable, this I know from when I try to clean that area.
          I have been told that it should desensitise with exposure but it does not seem to have and shows no signs of changing.

I am subject to the will of Allah and where Allah directs I shall be sure to follow.
          I aim always to do that which pleases Him.

Thank you Constant Hope for your message in particular. :up:

Comment

Working...
          X