Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dentist- why are mercury fillings banned in other countries but not here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dentist- why are mercury fillings banned in other countries but not here?

:salams

Dentist said that they've been banned in other countries in Europe (i think she said all but i'm not sure) but Britain still uses them.

Apparently it's harmful so why do we still have them?

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Re: dentist- why are mercury fillings banned in other countries but not here?

0.0 what!?

Comment

Because they're cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
        Because they're cheap?
        Dude, it's mercury, if it fell out it could freaking kill you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Faissaloo View Post
          Dude, it's mercury, if it fell out it could freaking kill you!!!
          Lol I'm saying that they're still used because they're cheap.

Comment

I'm sure there are some shady political reasons for it and yes as the earlier post stated, because it's cheap.

I really need to get my mercury fillings removed as I suspect that they contribute to my illness but ironically I'm too ill to get them removed so it's a catch 22 situation.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Assalaamu alaykum,

Do they use a different filling now or is it all mercury? Is it important to get them removed?
              Allāhu akbar

Comment

:salams:
                This seems to be why it was banned in the US (Or atleast why they wanted it banned)
                http://www.fda.gov/downloads/advisor.../ucm236379.pdf

Alternative opinion *shrug*
                No this will not kill you.

The mercury in your filling is of an amalgam composition,.. not nearly as dangerous as such compositions like Methyl mercury, and so on. If you know a bit about chemistry that will make sense, if not then take my word for it -- the toxicity released from an amalgam is extremely slow release, and the body will not 'absorb' the compound.

It will quite literally pass within a day or two. You likely won't even notice when it passes.

Unless you start to experience some severe pain in your Bowels, you have no reason to see a doctor.

A hospital wouldn't call the OR to have it surgically removed, etc. It must simply pass through your digestive tract.

Try not to worry -- you can call your personal doctor if you are incredibly worried, or even cask your dentist -- any doctor under whom's care you have been under before will return your call or have their staff relay the message. Which will be you are not in danger.
                Source:
                Addendum: Use a little common sense. These mercury amalgam fillings would never have been used in a persons MOUTH if there was any serious risk if they were swallowed. This happens fairly regularl
                The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
                "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

Ow I got mercury fillings.

Mercury is very poisonous lol. Milliners used to use mercury when they made hats. The constant exposure made them go insane, hence the term "mad hatter".

Actually Victorians and Edwardian's used lots of poisonous chemicals in their homes. They used arsenic in wallpaper. They used radium (radioactive substance) to make glow in the dark stuff, the women who worked in radium factories used to paint clocks with radium, lick the tip of the brush to give it a thin spike, then dip it back in radium again. They eventually got radium jaw. Face powder contained lead as well. A lot of make up contained poisonous substances.

Slightly off topic but it's interesting. We never know what chemicals we may be using today that we're not aware of how dangerous they are :O

Comment

Working...
                  X