Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters section in the masjid: Barrier or no barrier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters section in the masjid: Barrier or no barrier.

I was bugging one of the Imams about putting a picture up of the new sufi masjid on Facebook.
    The day of the grand opening it was supposed to be at the new building but it wasn't so I didn't get to take pictures while I was in Atlanta.
    Someone finally put a picture up on http://sideentrance.tumblr.com/ .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n2lmvq3HMT1rcpuayo1_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	10785158

A one-way sliding glass door mirror.
    I'm not going to whine about this. I do not like nor believe in barriers in the masjid. My home masjid does not have one.
    In the previous building my Atlanta masjid had the sisters section in a different room with a big projector screen so you can see the Imam or speaker. So I take the one way mirror as a step forward, lol.
    Yes. There should be a barrier.
    68.75%
    No. There should not be a barrier.
    18.75%
    Women shouldn't be there anyway.
    0.00%
    I'm not sure.................
    12.50%

Re: Sisters section in the masjid: Barrier or no barrier.

Having a barrier is not important as long as women & men are not mixed sitting beside each other. No one is going to get hot & bothered while sitting in a place of worship, you should be able to see the person talking so you can accurately hear them. The mosque here has a room for women but it is so small,smaller than most hotel rooms yet the room for men is bigger than most school lunchrooms. The men & women each have their own bathroom area..men has 3 stalls, a shower and 3 different places to do wudu, women?? lol its a single person bathroom with a place for wudu.....all typical since men are the ones who designed it when it was built a few years ago lol...& there is a huge opening between the men/women but it does have a big brown board so no one can see each other.

Comment

:salams

One way mirror?

Wait, so sisters are going to fix their hijab facing the "mirror" and brothers can literally look at their faces straight on?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

One way mirror?

Wait, so sisters are going to fix their hijab facing the "mirror" and brothers can literally look at their faces straight on?

mmm didn't think about that when I said no barrier is needed..again, they could have their own room to go too with a curtain, that they can open/close when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernGirl View Post
          I'm not going to whine about this. I do not like nor believe in barriers in the masjid. My home masjid does not have one.
          Sister, that may be because of your lack of knowledge.

However, this non-barrier accommodation is completely not acceptable. Having barrier in places where men and women are both sitting is something that has been proven through narrations from the time of the Prophet :saw: It is part of Islam, so we can not say "I do not like" or "do not believe in barriers."
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
            Having a barrier is not important as long as women & men are not mixed sitting beside each other. No one is going to get hot & bothered while sitting in a place of worship, you should be able to see the person talking so you can accurately hear them.
            Brother, a barrier is needed and it's important. Yes, people don't observe it for various reason, however, they should try to do so.

As for people not getting "hot" in a place of worship, that's incorrect. Men are attracted to women, and we don't "turn off" as soon as we go in the masjid.

And, there's no need to see the person to accurately hear them as hearing is done with ears.

Comment

Which idiot designed this?

Comment

I am still baffled by the one-way mirror. At the very least, if they had a regular sliding glass (still wrong), but a one-way mirror, that too facing the sister?

Are you sure this is not one of those "progressive" Muslim-owned masjids?

Please find out what these people follow.

Comment

Brother, a barrier is needed and it's important. Yes, people don't observe it for various reason, however, they should try to do so.

As for people not getting "hot" in a place of worship, that's incorrect. Men are attracted to women, and we don't "turn off" as soon as we go in the masjid.

And, there's no need to see the person to accurately hear them as hearing is done with ears.
                  True, I am just judging on my personal self. When I go to the Mosque I am focused on my prayer, the speech and reading..not anyone else.

Comment

One way mirror?

Noooooooooooooo! LOL!

The mirror is on the guys side. We will see them fixing their beards but they can't see us.

Comment

I like barriers. :inlove: They ensure privacy. I can hear the imam without needing to see him and the other 100 men with him.

I also like the fact they can't see us, can do whatever I please without feeling uncomfortable.

When we go for night prayers in Ramadan and someone gets sick, they lie down, imagine doing that with male observers ... Awkwaaard.

Now if only men would stop hanging out chatting in groups on the car park, or at least wait till I leave before taking up all my space lol
                      Gone with the wind.

Comment

Noooooooooooooo! LOL!

The mirror is on the guys side. We will see them fixing their beards but they can't see us.
                        Right, on a closer look, that's what I figured. But, still, sisters don't need to see brothers, either.

Comment

Noooooooooooooo! LOL!

Lol even that shouldn't be there as a fitna for women especially young girls
                          "Islam is like a bird, the body is the love of Allaah , the right wing is the love of Jannah, and the left wing is the fear of hell-fire, if you take away one of the wings, then the body will not fly and if you take away the body, the wings have no use" Ibn Taymiyyah RA

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post

I also like the fact they can't see us, can do whatever I please without feeling uncomfortable.
                            See! This is the problem that my sister friends & I have. Sisters will be in this separate section and will do everything but listen to the speaker and attempt to learn. I've spoke about this before, we all came to the conclusion that some sisters are from cultures were women don't get out except for going to the masjid and they use the time as a social gathering instead of a time for learning.

Comment

See! This is the problem that my sister friends & I have. Sisters will be in this separate section and will do everything but listen to the speaker and attempt to learn. I've spoke about this before, we all came to the conclusion that some sisters are from cultures were women don't get out except for going to the masjid and they use the time as a social gathering instead of a time for learning.
                              They just need to be reminded gently. :insha:

Comment

Working...
                              X