Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over Protective brothers

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
    But big brothers are suppose to be the ones who got your back and you go to when you have a problem not like some military dictators that scare the crap out of you.

Besides if the only thing that is stopping an adult from committing a sin is because they’re scared of someone else then obviously the parents haven’t raised them properly and the brothers won’t always be around to stop them,
    then at least the brothers etc. have done their part what she does or doesn't do is on her and she has none to blame anything on but herself as she had someone there trying to lead her down the right path.

Comment

I have older brothers and they are protective of me, sometimes too protective it annoys me. Alhamdulilah I know it's because they love me.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
        then at least the brothers etc. have done their part what she does or doesn't do is on her and she has none to blame anything on but herself as she had someone there trying to lead her down the right path.
        I think people forget how important how you teach is.

If you bring them up properly and teach them right fron wrong when they are young you don't need to control them or be over protective because they know what to do and what not to do. Also you will have a better relationship with them so you're more likely to know what is going on in their lives.

You can't be over protective to a point where you drive them crazy because they are too scared to communicate with you and then say I've done my job so now if they commit sins its not my problem.

Comment

I agree with Rebel, it's okay for the older brother to commit haram, but then he goes over to little sis telling her too keep away from such and such or else I'LL BEAT YOU UP attitude, not everyone does it. But some older brothers do take advantage of that 'power'
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

yes i do but i think it's a good thing tho

Comment

Working...
            X