Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Protective brothers

Asalamu alaykum everyone

To sisters: do you guys ever suffer for the over protective brother syndrome?
    If so how do you control it/attempt to?

Re: Over Protective brothers

I don't have overprotective brothers but I have a very overprotective mom :)

How overprotective are they? Like if they want to know where you are if you're not home by Maghrib, that's a valid concern.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Over Protective brothers

naa coz im the oldest

Comment

You would rather want to have a protective older brother than one who doesn't seem to care. I know it's annoying, but it is out of good faith.
        Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

wa 3leikum asalam

I don't have a older brother (I have a half small one and a half small sister) but I would love that older brother. To feel that protection and love, that someone cares for you enough, would be amazing for me to feel it. So, If it was even slightly annoying or even really badly annoying, then I think I would prefer that to not having it at all.

But I also recognise that it must be hard to live and deal with it.

Comment

Yes.

And argh, I don't. He just beats me up
            Last edited by *sheba*; 24-03-14, 03:20 PM.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

ahhhhh i wish i had an older bro lol
              The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

My brothers were very overprotective of me and I loved it they're like my best friends yet older brothers, they would take it in turns to pick me up from school/uni or even work Alhamdulilah. Once I married they finally relaxed a little and let my husband be the over protective one lol
                "Islam is like a bird, the body is the love of Allaah , the right wing is the love of Jannah, and the left wing is the fear of hell-fire, if you take away one of the wings, then the body will not fly and if you take away the body, the wings have no use" Ibn Taymiyyah RA

Comment

no not older brother, but very over protective mother.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Last edited by *sheba*; 24-03-14, 03:38 PM. Reason: nvm, I just wanted a buddy that shares my pain :-'(
                    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Over Protective brothers

Nvm
                      They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

I am a over protective brother. I sometimes hate myself for it. It just becomes natural instinct to protect the people you love.
                        Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

:wswrwb:

I am very protective over my family

can't help it
                          لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                            Asalamu alaykum everyone

To sisters: do you guys ever suffer for the over protective brother syndrome?
                            If so how do you control it/attempt to?
                            Younger bros aren't so protective, dad is and.. uncle is another level :/

I said I wanna do a walk for charity, "no you're not, who you going with and then NO YOURE NOT" im like :there: yes I am

There's no real "solution" for a protective brother - its in their nature, let them. You just need to reassure them that you're capable of making decisions and know the difference between right and wrong, that's their main concern that their sisters are naive and easily influenced.
                            My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                            As You have sanctified Your house,
                            Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                            In which permission of entry
                            Is only granted to a few,
                            Please Allah, allow my heart
                            To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                            when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                            In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

I think i am overprotective with all my siblings lool
                              The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Working...
                              X