Patience with family members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience with family members

Do you sometimes feel this way around family members?

This is something I battle on a daily basis. Seriously, I need to develop and improve this quality. I lack it so much . And it ends up making me feel quite sad when I indirectly show my frustration.

It's annoying because there allways there day and night. They don't leave you alone
    I love isolation, my own free time,if I want to talk I'll talk to you, if I'm busy with something, dont friggin annoy me tell me afterwards and il gladly deal with your request
    Ahh Man

Did I mention how much i hate too much speech?
    Ahh lool
    How Id love to go away to a foreign land and be away from everyone
    Dreams Mann
    Last edited by UmmAbdulMalik; 23-03-14, 03:48 PM.

Re: Patience with family members

And this is why I spend most of my time out in my car because I really just wanna be alone most of the time.
    "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Well at least we have a change of theme for once... And why are you always complaining about something?

Anyway, yes this is common. When you live with people, being around them all the time can become very frustrating. That is why you need to set aside some time - time spent with them, and time spent by yourself. So for example, perhaps an hour or two during the evening you will sit with them, talk etc. etc. and then go back to your room. That is what I do. And if you see them in the kitchen or something, hurry up with your business and get out of there.

Sometimes though, the problem is with you; perhaps there is an underlying issue with you that is making you annoyed, but that you are not really annoyed with your family members - they are just a means by which you discharge of your frustration. In this case you must remember that though it is hard, they are NOT responsible for your annoyance and therefore you have no right to take it out on them. You need to consider in your mind what is making you angry and deal with it.

At other times it is just your family members are annoying. They can make lame jokes or say silly things that is very irksome to hear; in this case you just have to ignore it and pretend you find it funny, and then get the hell out of there.

An important point though: do not show your frustrations to your parents as that is very disrespectful. Not saying you do this though.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
        Well at least we have a change of theme for once... And why are you always complaining about something?

Anyway, yes this is common. When you live with people, being around them all the time can become very frustrating. That is why you need to set aside some time - time spent with them, and time spent by yourself. So for example, perhaps an hour or two during the evening you will sit with them, talk etc. etc. and then go back to your room. That is what I do. And if you see them in the kitchen or something, hurry up with your business and get out of there.

Sometimes though, the problem is with you; perhaps there is an underlying issue with you that is making you annoyed, but that you are not really annoyed with your family members - they are just a means by which you discharge of your frustration. In this case you must remember that though it is hard, they are NOT responsible for your annoyance and therefore you have no right to take it out on them. You need to consider in your mind what is making you angry and deal with it.

At other times it is just your family members are annoying. They can make lame jokes or say silly things that is very irksome to hear; in this case you just have to ignore it and pretend you find it funny, and then get the hell out of there.

An important point though: do not show your frustrations to your parents as that is very disrespectful. Not saying you do this though.
        JazahkhAllahu Khair brother for that informative post
        Ma shaa Allah
        It's not a full blown issue as such, and alhamdualilah I don't show extremely disrespectful behaviour towards them, I down swear or other ridiculous teenage antics it's just sometimes I like to be left alone.

I hate someone always being in my ear and I also depise people who talk to much.

Oh Mann
        It actually sparks something out of character within me. lol I'm not one to be easily provoked but too much speech and annoyance in little things like telling you 10x to complete a simple task really irks me.

Alhamdualilah though everything in life is a learning experience, every trial we have is a way for us to improve ourselves.

Excuse my mini rant guys

Comment

Working...
        X