Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with disrespectful people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with disrespectful people?

I have two wonderful parents who do anything and everything for someone... words can't describe. We're very family oriented but I've noticed so many times, that even though you do all these things for your (extended) family, they appear/come off ungrateful. I have many cousins who are 10-15 years older than me and they are so rude to my parents... It makes me furious! I just want to scream at them and tell them to have a little bit of respect for them! They do everything for them and they don't even give them a simple 'Thank you'. My parents are too diplomatic to say anything and they continue to do things for ungrateful people but people use them and take advantage of them! I think it's admirable that they're like it but still, I'm so infuriated!!!

If someone was disrespecting you or someone dear to you, how would you deal with it?

Re: How do you deal with disrespectful people?

Your parents are amazing. I can understand how you feel when people are ungrateful. Remind your cousins how to behave with them. Keep on talking about it. Point out the importance of respect. Insha'allah in due time they will realize their mistake.
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Working...
    X