Is lying ever justified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is lying ever justified?

I have a problem and i been thinking for months what to do about it. I been googling trying to find an islamic answer but im still not sure what to do. So i decided to ask my sisters and brothers on the forum to see if anyone could help or to give advice. So the problem is, someone has stolen some money from me and is refusing to pay me back. I found a solution to how i could get my money back, but it involves a lie. I would be fooling that person to get my money back. If i was rich i wouldnt bother lol but this amount is really needed so i really dont know what i should do. I know im entitled to my money, but i feel if i have to lie and fool that person to get it back i would feel i act just as bad as that person, and also sinning. So ..would a lie ever be justified to get back something stolen?

Is lying ever justified?

I dont think you should lie. They will be no difference between you and that person. Think of another way to make some money and IA with the help of allah you will get your money back too

Comment

Re: Is lying ever justified?

Originally posted by Umm_Mohammed2 View Post
      I have a problem and i been thinking for months what to do about it. I been googling trying to find an islamic answer but im still not sure what to do. So i decided to ask my sisters and brothers on the forum to see if anyone could help or to give advice. So the problem is, someone has stolen some money from me and is refusing to pay me back. I found a solution to how i could get my money back, but it involves a lie. I would be fooling that person to get my money back. If i was rich i wouldnt bother lol but this amount is really needed so i really dont know what i should do. I know im entitled to my money, but i feel if i have to lie and fool that person to get it back i would feel i act just as bad as that person, and also sinning. So ..would a lie ever be justified to get back something stolen?
      Lie is a lie sister! Just pray to Allah to give Hidayat to that person!
      Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxa View Post
        I dont think you should lie. They will be no difference between you and that person. Think of another way to make some money and IA with the help of allah you will get your money back too
        Yes you are right sister. Im just really frustrated because i need the money. I suppose im angry as well, i want there to be some justice and its awful how someone can steal money from me while that person knows i can hardly afford the basic things. There is no way i can get money from somewhere else. My situation is a bit complicated and im struggling, im not working coz i have an injury that wont heal properly. My husband is not living with me yet in my country and he earns too little in his home country. Well deep down i know i should not lie to get it back..so guess i have to think of some other way..

Comment

Ask Abu Musab in his QnA show. He is an Alim
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Working...
          X