Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• social media and muslim scholars

Salaamu alaykum

A few weeks ago we witnessed how tweets by ustadh abu eesa niamutallah caused women to be offended. This is not the first time that a muslim public figure has gotten into trouble due to social media

What do you guys think about satire,joking,sarcasm and the role they play. It was these three things that got ustadh abu eesa in trouble.

Would it be better if muslim public figures used language that was clear beyond doubt and kept it professional?

Re: social media and muslim scholars

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    Salaamu alaykum

Would it be better if muslim public figures used language that was clear beyond doubt and kept it professional?
    Was Calaikuma Salam.

I think even beyond social media, those who are Muslim public figures should always be clear and use clear beyond doubt language.

We lack that so much at the moment. Sheikhs and Islamic figurers have become like politicians in that they are always trying to be politically correct and always pussyfooting around and leaving things they say in doubt and causing speculations.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Like in the Abu Eesa case i wished he just wrote an article speaking out against women's day/labour day / Black History month etc

That would have still annoyed the die hard western feminist but at the at least he would not be ridiculed.

It is truly heart breaking when muslims feel the need to fight for Women's day/Mother's day etc.

Comment

Like in the Abu Eesa case i wished he just wrote an article speaking out against women's day/labour day / Black History month etc

That would have still annoyed the die hard western feminist but at the at least he would not be ridiculed.

It is truly heart breaking when muslims feel the need to fight for Women's day/Mother's day etc.
        Tbh am not to familiar with his situation although I did read his rant and I wasn't really to surprised cuz anything is possible with these trendy sheiks and what not.

I think it is more to do with trying to be accepted by a larger crowd almost like going from underground to becoming commercial.
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Salaamu alaykum

A few weeks ago we witnessed how tweets by ustadh abu eesa niamutallah caused women to be offended. This is not the first time that a muslim public figure has gotten into trouble due to social media

What do you guys think about satire,joking,sarcasm and the role they play. It was these three things that got ustadh abu eesa in trouble.

yes to your last question so as to avoid confusion.
          especially if it is in the written form, it's easier for humour/satire/sarcasm to be misunderstood.

edit: wa alaykum asalaam
          'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
          Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
          علي الحبشي

Comment

Social media is largely comprised of morons.

Comment

I think social media is a weapon, if used right it can be effective.

They can reach out to certain Muslims who don't have any access to islam and scholars, many Muslims don't go to jummah or Eid prayers so this is a good way to catch their attention if you ask me.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

From what I saw of Abu Eesa's social media activity, it was shameful & disgusting. I felt embarrassed for him, the whole time I was reading I kept thinking to myself 'would any of the sahaba write such filth? is this what our ummah has become? when even the scholars are debasing themselves in this way?'

Comment

Yes. Permissible joking once in a blue moon is okay but I don't expect scholars to be making crude jokes on social media like it's normal. They are humans like us and if they can't discipline their use of social media then they shouldn't use it at all.

Comment

Most of the times what we get to see their it sounds a little inappropriate,Basically the thing is these things have an importance but discussing this level of sensitive thing can be an important thing because its all about what we get to learn from them and what goes in our favor.
                    When its about learning Arabic, [URL="http://arabicspeakingcourse.com/ways-learn-arabic-language"]Ways to Learn the Arabic Language [/URL]works for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X