Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Love Your Maternal Aunts The Same Way As Your Mother?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Love Your Maternal Aunts The Same Way As Your Mother?

:start:

Al-Bara' bin Azib narrated that the Prophet :saw: said: "The maternal aunt holds the same status as the mother." (Sahih, Jami-at Tirmidhi, Volume 4, Book 1, Hadith 1904)

“The maternal aunt is like the mother in terms of custody in the absence of the mother and maternal grandmother. This is because the maternal aunt is likely to be as kind and compassionate as the mother and to know what is in the best interest of the child.” (Tuhfat Al-Ahwathi)

“The maternal aunt holds the same status as the mother and the hadeeth does not mean that she is considered a real mother (in terms of the due obligations and duties required in the mother-child relationship)." (Fath Al-Baari)

Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib: Zayd ibn Harithah went out to Mecca and brought the daughter of Hamzah with him. Then Ja'far said: I shall take her; I have more right to her; she is my uncle's daughter and her maternal aunt is my wife; the maternal aunt is like mother. Ali said: I am more entitled to take her. She is my uncle's daughter. The daughter of the Apostle of Allah :saw: is my wife, and she has more right to her. Zayd said: I have more right to her. I went out and journeyed to her, and brought her with me. The Prophet :saw: came out. The narrator mentioned the rest of the tradition. He (i.e. the Prophet) said: As for the girl, I decided in favour of Ja'far. She will live with her maternal aunt. The maternal aunt is like mother. {2271, Book of Divorce, Sunan Abu Dawud}
    Yes
    23.53%
    No
    76.47%
    Last edited by Repentant; 23-03-14, 02:13 AM. Reason: Grammatical Errors
    "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Re: Do You Love Your Maternal Aunts The Same Way As Your Mother?

:jkk:

Never meet my maternal aunt, so, no I don't, mommy is on her own level

But my sisters daughters call me ''mama''

When we go out all together, they refer to both me and their mother as ''mama'' lol so cute.
    Last edited by Rebel101; 23-03-14, 02:17 AM.

Comment

EDIT: Sorry, the question on the poll is supposed to be:

Do You Love Your Maternal Aunts The Same Way As Your Mother?
      "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

I honestly don't. Astaghfirullah.

My maternal aunts are not exactly the nicest of people. And have made my Mom cry more times that I can remember. And I don't hold a good opinion on people that make my Mama cry. 'Cause she doesn't cry easily.

Comment

yeah i do hold them in similar esteem to my mother ... they are usually nicer to me as well
          How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Melimiel View Post
            I honestly don't. Astaghfirullah.

My maternal aunts are not exactly the nicest of people. And have made my Mom cry more times that I can remember. And I don't hold a good opinion on people that make my Mama cry. 'Cause she doesn't cry easily.
            Lol...same..
            ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Nice daleel, but I think Melimiel pointed out exactly why i'm not keen on aunties from the paternal or maternal side. We've been alone from our extended families for a long time like this. It's why we are Inshallah going to be closer when we get older.
              I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I love all my maternal aunts. I have to. They are family and older than me.

But if i was in need of help, there are some i will avoid and some i will go to.
                Bye...

Comment

My maternal aunt died before I was born but I am a maternal aunt to my sister's kids. I don't think they love me like their mother but we are closer than I am with my brothers' kids.

Comment

Yes I do love my matter an aunt as I know she see's me like a daughter but I don't love her on the same level as my mom.
                    Like I know after my mom n sisters, my maternal aunt n grandmother are the next two women who I can trust.
                    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I think I'm quite close to one of my Khala's even though they live in a different country. I'm quite a private person, don't feel comfortable with unknown people, but I've always been very relaxed and comfortable with all three Khala's but one of them in particular and I think there is something about the similarity between them and one's mother which makes things very soft.
                      Last edited by Medievalist; 23-03-14, 09:37 PM.
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                        yeah i do hold them in similar esteem to my mother ... they are usually nicer to me as well
                        kahin tumhein damad bananey ka irada to nahi? **outta**
                        do they have intention of making you a son-in-law ***outta*
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Alhamdulillah i love everyone in my family and my uncles and aunts i treat all the same.. like how i treat my mother and father
                          إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Don't have a maternal aunt. I have two paternal though, one I have never met.

Comment

No, I don't. My aunts - both my maternal aunt and my paternal aunt - get my unconditional love as they are my family, but I do love my mother more. Because she is my mother.

I will admit I don't especially like my maternal aunt, as she can be rather dim-witted at times. I still treat her with respect, of course, and stay out of any arguments she and my mother have.

Comment

Working...
                              X