• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teaching in the Middle East

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
    Enough to pay of my student loans
    He's talking monthly.
    ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

I want to get rid of this RIBA loan
      Why did you take it out if it involved riba?
      ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
        It depends on your employer not all employers pay for accomadation. Average wage for a foreigner is in the region of 12000 to 15000 riyals.
        Saudi riyals ? Sounds like things havent changed.

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
          Saudi riyals ? Sounds like things havent changed.
          Yeah Saudi riyals... if you work for an employer such as Aramco it's a lot more than that. They are getting tougher in regards to qualifications now.

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Yeah Saudi riyals... if you work for an employer such as Aramco it's a lot more than that. They are getting tougher in regards to qualifications now.
            Living on a compound is horrible, it is like being in a American upper class suburb. What does Aramco pay? 20-25K a month ? I love the "ghettos" of the middle east, the parts of of the city where all the immigrants live. Like jeddah is like a small East Africa and Yemen lol. Eritrians Sudanis, Somalis and Yemenis everywhere.
            Last edited by AhlulQuran88; 23-03-14, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Living on a compound is horrible, it is like being in a American upper class suburb. What does Aramco pay? 20-25K a month ? I love the "ghettos" of the middle east, the parts of of the city where all the immigrants live. Like jeddah is like a small East Africa and Yemen lol. Eritrians Sudanis, Somalis and Yemenis everywhere.
              I didn't live in the compound when I was over there. . I stayed in a hotel apartment ...it was pretty nice, everyone kept themselves to themselves... the ghettos are the best. Aramco do pay a lot but not sure how much.

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

A friend of mine used to be a Year 6 teacher over in Saudi, she then moved to Bahrain, Beirut then Qatar. She is now teaching primary school in Paris alongside her husband. She told me that in every job, the absolute minimum was £2k per month tax free + free accommodation + free transport to school and back + free health/dental + free utilities + free return flights + 1-2 months of bonus at the end of the contract.

Pretty cushy if you ask me! Seeing as her hubby was also a teacher they lived on his salary and saved hers 100%.

Comment

<---My homegirl has a doctorate in education and will be teaching at a major female university in Saudia Arabia: 1 year contract, gets to come home for Ramadan, 100k USD + food + travel + housing.

Comment

I didn't live in the compound when I was over there. . I stayed in a hotel apartment ...it was pretty nice, everyone kept themselves to themselves... the ghettos are the best. Aramco do pay a lot but not sure how much.
                    How did it affect your husbands career im assuming he isnt a english teacher by profession?
                    Like i think its agreed upon that its great for couples that are english teachers and wives wanting to work in a halal environment.

Comment

How did it affect your husbands career im assuming he isnt a english teacher by profession?
                      Like i think its agreed upon that its great for couples that are english teachers and wives wanting to work in a halal environment.
                      I worked a little while in a primary school but then decided I wanted to be housewife... it wasn't worth it .. money was rubbish ... my colleagues wow don't get me started.... erm it didn't really affect his career

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

<---My homegirl has a doctorate in education and will be teaching at a major female university in Saudia Arabia: 1 year contract, gets to come home for Ramadan, 100k USD + food + travel + housing.
                        Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                          Are you serious?
                          Yes. When she was applying for these jobs in Saudi was was dead serious with the recruiters.
                          She was not going overseas for less than 100k. Plus her resume is off the chain. She has done so much work with inner city schools and the Islamic academy in our city. She specializes in special education and that area of expertise is lacking in Middle Eastern countries.

And I'm sad and physically sick that she is leaving.
                          She is my BFF Muslim sister (she taught me salah).

Comment

I would suggest that if your not an arab then Please do not loCate to an arab country especially if your South Asian. There is a lot of racism in these countries unfortunately. If you do not have much pride then its okay. I rather earn less in the west but live in dignity.

Comment

Okay, I've tried in Lebanon but it's pretty hard, especially due to the problems there and the free mixing at University but regarding a young lady maybe around $500 Dollars a month inshallah if you find a job.
                              I've also been to Egypt, the pay there is much lower but the more experience you have the more better it will be...and personally i think it has the least fitan in it.... I suggest going Saudi Arabia but you'll probably need a degree for that but the pay is very good, maybe $1000+ a month. JazakAllahu Khair

Comment

It's dealing with riba vs travelling alone...Travelling alone is defo the lesser of the two evils :/
                                I wouldn't be so sure of that. Traveling alone as a young woman to a place like the middle east has a lot of potential for evil to occur, all of it at your expense, and much of it which seems to me to be greater evil than riba. It should not be done save in dire cases.

Yeah, there's some money that can be made there teaching English, but it's good for life over there if you're in a cheaper place to live (like for example, Gaza. Yeah.), but if you mean for collecting for use outside, it's probably not gonna be a lot.

Also, you should know some Arabic too as a lot of students won't know how to communicate with you depending on the level. All in all, worth a shot if you have a mahram who will set you up, but if you're going alone........ the water is murky.
                                والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Working...
                                X