Teaching in the Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teaching in the Middle East

Looks like the general consensus is not as much as you'd hope Rainbow.

That said, there's plenty of other career options in the UAE etc. that would pay quite well. I was looking into exploring that possibility myself, but not found too much information on it atm.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
      I wasn't referring to just teaching English. That's one thing and someone i know is happily doing that an the pay is great as they have no responsibilities. Some others I know made a permanent move although it's with their company which they've been working for (for a while here).

each to their own tho.
      I agree there are a lot of jobs there that pay huge amounts of money. What is a great salary ? A permanent move this is again relative.
      No citizenship,sending your children to private schools. Mashalah we pray that the person you know stays there and enjoys her time without any trouble.
      The place is really different than what most Western muslims think going in. I made that mistake and i worked for a western company and that is why advice all muslims going there for a job not to leave their job in the west but take a holiday and work there for a month i know a dozen who came back after living their and evaluating it economically.

I personally think it worth making the move if you are relocating for a western company.

The middle east varies from ridiculous to amazing but it I would advice a lot caution

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
        Looks like the general consensus is not as much as you'd hope Rainbow.

That said, there's plenty of other career options in the UAE etc. that would pay quite well. I was looking into exploring that possibility myself, but not found too much information on it atm.
        Such as...? If you found out anymore fill me in :up:
        :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

By the way, I don't think a sister is allowed to travel on her own to look for work like that.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            By the way, I don't think a sister is allowed to travel on her own to look for work like that.
            It's dealing with riba vs travelling alone...Travelling alone is defo the lesser of the two evils :/

Plus I could ask my bro to join me, dunno what he'd say :/ or if I get married ill string the hubby along.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
              Such as...? If you found out anymore fill me in :up:
              I'll try, but I guess Google is the best option.

It's dealing with riba vs travelling alone...Travelling alone is defo the lesser of the two evils :/

Plus I could ask my bro to join me, dunno what he'd say :/ or if I get married ill string the hubby along.
              Best plan tbh. Your husbands more likely to make it a pleasant and comfortable stay for you. You'll have full emotional support.

Truth is though, working in UAE etc. doesn't appear to be 'women friendly' in some instances, so you have to look into how to overcome those barriers. I think some of these threads you've set up sound like 'age panic' if you don't mind me saying. A bit of concern as to what you want to do in life as you feel you're getting older. I'm 24, and since you said you just finished studies, i'm guessing you're only a few years older.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                I'll try, but I guess Google is the best option.

Best plan tbh. Your husbands more likely to make it a pleasant and comfortable stay for you. You'll have full emotional support.

Truth is though, working in UAE etc. doesn't appear to be 'women friendly' in some instances, so you have to look into how to overcome those barriers. I think some of these threads you've set up sound like 'age panic' if you don't mind me saying. A bit of concern as to what you want to do in life as you feel you're getting older. I'm 24, and since you said you just finished studies, i'm guessing you're only a few years older.
                Yes, I am having a mid life crisis. All my friends that are my age have settled down/ in successful careers and I still haven't finished my degree plus even when I do finish my degree I don't know what I'll be doing and as ever the pressure to get married is being felt :(

Comment

Yes, I am having a mid life crisis. All my friends that are my age have settled down/ in successful careers and I still haven't finished my degree plus even when I do finish my degree I don't know what I'll be doing and as ever the pressure to get married is being felt :(
                  I can understand your situation. I myself aren't seeing life go smooth sailing atm. It definitely knocks your confidence in the future, but Inshallah you'll see a positive sign and weather through the storm as they say. I wanted to get married at 25/26 but atm life seems to be moving nowhere fast, so I dunno how feasible that goal is, and I suppose you seem to be in the same situation where you're unsure of the future.

Inshallah we have our fears calmed and a path opened up. Ameen.

PS - keep up on the workouts, I hear the positive endorphins help you think optimistically

Comment

Omg mid-life? dude

Focus on what YOU want and forget everyone else.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                      Omg mid-life? dude

Focus on what YOU want and forget everyone else.
                      I want to get rid of this RIBA loan

Comment

Teaching in the Middle East

Awwww sis I love how you're so big in your ambitions mashAllah
                        إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Can you ask your family members to grant you a loan and you can pay off the loan? Then, pay them back periodically.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I want to get rid of this RIBA loan
                            How much is it? Is it from uni? Tuition fees?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                              Maybe you do.

But I have heard of cases where people have worked for places and not been paid as they make excuses

And they keep your passport there do they not. So they can pretty much use you and toss you aside when they do not need you. You are basically expendable.

They treat white people there too well. If you are Asian which I know you are, expect to be treated badly. Depends on the employer though.
                              Actually they wouldn't because she's British.
                              ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                                £2k going onto 3k last i heard.

accomadation is paid for
                                It depends on your employer not all employers pay for accomadation. Average wage for a foreigner is in the region of 12000 to 15000 riyals.
                                ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Working...
                                X