X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teaching in the Middle East

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
    Maybe you do.

But I have heard of cases where people have worked for places and not been paid as they make excuses

And they keep your passport there do they not. So they can pretty much use you and toss you aside when they do not need you. You are basically expendable.

They treat white people there too well. If you are Asian which I know you are, expect to be treated badly. Depends on the employer though.

Oh be serious. The Arabs I have met are very friendly, very generous, offering hugs all the time with huge smiles. They even stand up to say Salaam which is a bit too much. I tell them to sit down.

I'm not even Arab.

They're not as racist as people make them out to be.
    Last edited by Magic.; 22-03-14, 07:15 PM.
    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
      too much money in one's hands is not good, you will go nuts and become greedy.

what would be a good wage for you?
      Enough to pay of my student loans
      :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
        Thats peanuts
        I think they mean monthly not 2-3 thousand yearly

Iz you dizzy or something Dave?
        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Well I was reading a post on Facebook from a brother from roadside2islam

And he was saying it is a shame that brothers are going to places like saudi to teach English and the main reason is so people can come to the west and they are being exposed to the fitna here so they would just be facilitating that for them.

I agreed with what he said.
          Oh. But really you don't know what they are going to do with that knowledge.
          And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

I think they mean monthly not 2-3 thousand yearly

Iz you dizzy or something Dave?
            No Margaret -___-

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
              No Margaret -___-
              I am not margaret.

You are. Also dave, barry, vincent, etc

You gets me fam

Comment

A lot. And all expenses are paid for so its practically you and your salary.
                Last edited by F_R; 22-03-14, 07:25 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah famz ^

All you Bobs here dont understand the high lifestyle Rainbow is seeking u get me fam?

Hahaha I kid
                  Yeah like sister F__R mentioned they practically pay for everything for u from car expenses, housing, bills, u get a lot of save

However, u do have to be careful. Some of them exploit thief workers, and are greedy and overwork you.

Comment

It's a worrying time for a single young man with that much salary in a place such as Dubai.

Lots of women willing to trade favours.

This world is a messed up place.

Fitna everywhere
                    8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                    2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                    3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                    4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                    5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                    6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                    7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                    8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Enough to pay of my student loans

save urself the trouble and marry a rich fella, doctor maybe...

Comment

Doctors are not rich. It takes years and years of work before they earn a wage that would be considered rich.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                          A lot. And all expenses are paid for so its practically you and your salary.
                          short term monetary gains that do not equate to working in the West in the long term. 99% of people that go there return to the West, this industry isn't sustainable.

25K USD to max 50K USD in rare cases.

I personally would not waste my science degree teaching English, i did science for a reason to benefit the ummah not to instruct people on how to pronounce the letter P.
                          I leave those phonetic and linguistic skills to the die hard linguist and English teachers that trained to teach people the English language.

I have done it and I won't ever do it again(I resigned), for me it is just a simple economic choice, the money is simply not worth the damage it does to your chosen career in lay mans terms it turns your University qualification obsolete.

I think it is a common misconception that huge money is to be made in teaching English as a second language but that is really not the case.
                          For more detail you should invite sister Dhakiyya who does this for a living.

Comment

Do dua a doctor will agree to me marry me :(

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                              short term monetary gains that do not equate to working in the West in the long term. 99% of people that go there return to the West, this industry isn't sustainable.

25K USD to max 50K USD in rare cases.

I personally would not waste my science degree teaching English, i did science for a reason to benefit the ummah not to instruct people on how to pronounce the letter P.
                              I leave those phonetic and linguistic skills to the die hard linguist and English teachers that trained to teach people the English language.

I have done it and I won't ever do it again(I resigned), for me it is just a simple economic choice, the money is simply not worth the damage it does to your chosen career in lay mans terms it turns your University qualification obsolete.

I think it is a common misconception that huge money is to be made in teaching English as a second language but that is really not the case.
                              For more detail you should invite sister Dhakiyya who does this for a living.
                              I wasn't referring to just teaching English. That's one thing and someone i know is happily doing that an the pay is great as they have no responsibilities. Some others I know made a permanent move although it's with their company which they've been working for (for a while here).

It's a case of planning and preparing and knowing what you want etc etc. The teaching English I don't know about it being permanent but it's one aspect.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

;salams

Depends on the experience, but not a lot generally. They pay for your accommodation and flight and some other perks, but money wise, you don't have that much.
                                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                                X