• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muslimboy764
    replied
    Re: Can Americans be real muslims?

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
    what kind of question is this???!!! Some American reverts are more religious than most "born" Muslims
    i'm not questioning, it's just the title of the article

Leave a comment:

• Tide2006
    replied
    Re: Can Americans be real muslims?

what kind of question is this???!!! Some American reverts are more religious than most "born" Muslims

Leave a comment:

• muslimboy764
    replied
    Can Americans be real muslims?

http://muslimmatters.org/2014/03/17/...-real-muslims/

Leave a comment:

• ahmed mohamed
    replied
    Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

Westernized? If Americans are diluted what about the Europeans? How many of them can read and understand the quran?

Leave a comment:

• Umar_
    replied

define westernized?

Leave a comment:

• adamchebrother
    replied

yea XD

Leave a comment:

• Mikha’eel
    replied

Originally posted by BroFawzi View Post
    Well there is some good about being Western (I dont believe in the dichotomy of Muslim VS Western).

I.E neat and tidy streets with relitively efficient administrative departments, less corruption, good education, good treatment of animals, not throwing garbage everywhere
    Less corruption in America, really? Perhaps you shuld educate yourself as to the causes of the financial crisis and the rampant corruption which went right to the elected officials

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

I agree with everything AbuM said except the style of dress. Hijab in different countries comes in tons of different styles, as does men's dress, depending on culture. And the arabs dressed they way they did long before Islaam was revealed there.

But letting western ideals seep into ourselves until we show nationalism and racism, and support kuffar armies and curse and slander the mujahideen, do nothing to help the muslims or reject that they are suffering, practice haraam things - like riba, dating, music, christian religious practices and holidays - without fear.. that is westernization. And in some cases nifaq and apostasy.

Leave a comment:

• BroFawzi
    replied

Well there is some good about being Western (I dont believe in the dichotomy of Muslim VS Western).

I.E neat and tidy streets with relitively efficient administrative departments, less corruption, good education, good treatment of animals, not throwing garbage everywhere

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

it is mindboggling that a simple question is asked and the very victims of the ideology he asked about are clueless of the influences their society has had on them

when someone asks, are muslims too westernized, he is not asking if being born in a certain area has affected you, of course it has

but the implication is that is this effect affecting your Islam, and of course it is

from birth (baby showers, complete bid'a and imitation of the kuffar) to the general style of dress, to the abject disregard of the plight of muslims all over the world, to the adherence to patriotic ideology (as exemplified by the muslmmatters piece) to our attitudes about jihad, the mujahideen, female circumcision, attitudes about marriage, conduct before marriage, conduct in a marriage, or if you are getting a "real (read state-sanctioned) marriage"

the purchasing of a house on riba, credit cards, health insurance, life insurance, car insurance

dating, NOT dating, tolerance of homosexuality, tolerance of baby's out of wedlock, etc

all of this is how westernized muslims in the west have become, and this is not to say that the muslims in the east are not becoming westernized, too many muslims in the east yearn to be like americans and europeans,

so its not whether you were born in california or new york, but how much being surrounded by the west has corrupted your Islam

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied

Originally posted by kh4N View Post
    what happens when you throw something into the mud?

It gets covered in mud.
    We hop through the mud.

Leave a comment:

• UmarHadeed
    replied
    Muslims are generally westernised and bum lick the kuffar wherever they may be

Leave a comment:

• kh4N
    replied

what happens when you throw something into the mud?

It gets covered in mud.

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Originally posted by iman1991 View Post
    What do you guys think? Are some American Muslims, men and women too westernized. Has America corrupted the Muslim society we live in today?
    From what I've experienced, most of them are really much westernized!

Leave a comment:

• UmmAbdulMalik
    replied

I'd say they are to be fair
    Just my observation

Compared to UK Muslims, I'd defineitly say American Muslims are much more westernized.

What can u expect tho? Amercia is the pillar of capitalism and serves as the birth of Western ideals. No wonder

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X