No announcement yet.

Are American muslims too westernized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

A lot (not all) of people from my generation in Pakistan smoke, drink, go clubbing, have girlfriends, listen to music, support secularism or mixed conservative-liberal values and commit zina and call people 'maulvi' and 'mullah' derogatorily if they speak out. Whereas here in the West a lot of people in my generation are attached to the masjids and the deen and speak of jihad and the mujahideen and observe hijab.
    "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
      A lot (not all) of people from my generation in Pakistan smoke, drink, go clubbing, have girlfriends, listen to music, support secularism or mixed conservative-liberal values and commit zina and call people 'maulvi' and 'mullah' derogatorily if they speak out. Whereas here in the West a lot of people in my generation are attached to the masjids and the deen and speak of jihad and the mujahideen and observe hijab.
      ok

Comment

I don't think there's a written rule anywhere that accepts our preconceived notions of which nation contains the most practising Muslims.

Take for example--

A) One group could be praying 4 times a day of Salah BUT many would assume they pray 5 times a day.

B) One group could be praying 5 times a day of Salah and drink a bottle of whisky every night openly.

Who is more practising?

According to our preconceived notions, A.
        “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

I'd say they are to be fair
          Just my observation

Compared to UK Muslims, I'd defineitly say American Muslims are much more westernized.

What can u expect tho? Amercia is the pillar of capitalism and serves as the birth of Western ideals. No wonder

Comment

Originally posted by iman1991 View Post
            What do you guys think? Are some American Muslims, men and women too westernized. Has America corrupted the Muslim society we live in today?
            From what I've experienced, most of them are really much westernized!
            Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

what happens when you throw something into the mud?

It gets covered in mud.

Comment

Muslims are generally westernised and bum lick the kuffar wherever they may be

Comment

Originally posted by kh4N View Post
                  what happens when you throw something into the mud?

It gets covered in mud.
                  We hop through the mud.
                  “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

it is mindboggling that a simple question is asked and the very victims of the ideology he asked about are clueless of the influences their society has had on them

when someone asks, are muslims too westernized, he is not asking if being born in a certain area has affected you, of course it has

but the implication is that is this effect affecting your Islam, and of course it is

from birth (baby showers, complete bid'a and imitation of the kuffar) to the general style of dress, to the abject disregard of the plight of muslims all over the world, to the adherence to patriotic ideology (as exemplified by the muslmmatters piece) to our attitudes about jihad, the mujahideen, female circumcision, attitudes about marriage, conduct before marriage, conduct in a marriage, or if you are getting a "real (read state-sanctioned) marriage"

the purchasing of a house on riba, credit cards, health insurance, life insurance, car insurance

dating, NOT dating, tolerance of homosexuality, tolerance of baby's out of wedlock, etc

all of this is how westernized muslims in the west have become, and this is not to say that the muslims in the east are not becoming westernized, too many muslims in the east yearn to be like americans and europeans,

so its not whether you were born in california or new york, but how much being surrounded by the west has corrupted your Islam
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Well there is some good about being Western (I dont believe in the dichotomy of Muslim VS Western).

I.E neat and tidy streets with relitively efficient administrative departments, less corruption, good education, good treatment of animals, not throwing garbage everywhere

Comment

I agree with everything AbuM said except the style of dress. Hijab in different countries comes in tons of different styles, as does men's dress, depending on culture. And the arabs dressed they way they did long before Islaam was revealed there.

But letting western ideals seep into ourselves until we show nationalism and racism, and support kuffar armies and curse and slander the mujahideen, do nothing to help the muslims or reject that they are suffering, practice haraam things - like riba, dating, music, christian religious practices and holidays - without fear.. that is westernization. And in some cases nifaq and apostasy.

Comment

Originally posted by BroFawzi View Post
                          Well there is some good about being Western (I dont believe in the dichotomy of Muslim VS Western).

I.E neat and tidy streets with relitively efficient administrative departments, less corruption, good education, good treatment of animals, not throwing garbage everywhere
                          Less corruption in America, really? Perhaps you shuld educate yourself as to the causes of the financial crisis and the rampant corruption which went right to the elected officials
                          Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

yea XD
                            [QUOTE]'Say: "It is He Who has created you and endowed you with hearing, seeing and hearts. Little thanks you give." [67:23, Qur'an][/QUOTE]

Comment

define westernized?

Comment

Westernized? If Americans are diluted what about the Europeans? How many of them can read and understand the quran?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X