Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are American muslims too westernized?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are American muslims too westernized?

    What do you guys think? Are some American Muslims, men and women too westernized. Has America corrupted the Muslim society we live in today?
    Last edited by iman1991; 21-03-14, 08:12 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

    This is going to be interesting..

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

      Muslims in non-Western countires are westernised. From what I've seen of the various Muslim countires I've been to any way.

      I think Muslims in the west are less westernised.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

        :1popcorn:
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

        Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

          Some are, some aren't. Many Muslims back home also give Muslims a bad name because they follow culture rather than religion so stop generalizing all of us "western Muslims!"
          "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

            Your right,like in the UAE for example, when the girls where the abaya and they put their "face mask" on and get their hair done all fancy like they are going to a wedding and put the scarf on, but half their hair is showing......makes me maddd

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

              Originally posted by iman1991 View Post
              Your right,like in the UAE for example, when the girls where the abaya and they put their "face mask" on and get their hair done all fancy like they are going to a wedding and put the scarf on, but half their hair is showing......makes me maddd
              Don't point fingers at others, most of the time we are drowning in our own sins.

              Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

              Uthmaan R.A

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                I believe there is a difference in culture..that doesn't make someone any more or less a Muslim than someone else unless they are committing sins.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                  Originally posted by iman1991 View Post
                  what do you guys think? Are some american muslims, men and women too westernized. Has america corrupted the muslim society we live in today?
                  definitely!!!
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية





                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                    :salams:

                    yes
                    لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                      In terms of music,dating,drinking,smoking....etc yes, but there are a lot, like me, who have no interest in those things. It is not the PLACE that makes someone commit sins, it has to be within them to do those things. I am sick of people saying "America" corrupts Muslims who come here... A person who becomes corrupt will be corrupt wherever they are.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                        Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
                        In terms of music,dating,drinking,smoking....etc yes, but there are a lot, like me, who have no interest in those things. It is not the PLACE that makes someone commit sins, it has to be within them to do those things. I am sick of people saying "America" corrupts Muslims who come here... A person who becomes corrupt will be corrupt wherever they are.
                        so not true

                        if that were the case, Allah would not command us to create a society that enjoins the right and forbid the wrong

                        if there was no drugs, it would be hard to be a drug addict
                        if there were no porn sites, it would be hard to watch porn

                        living in a sewer and staying clean is a 24/7/365 job

                        now, are there muslims in muslim countries that seek wrong? of course, but it is a blessing from Allah to have a society that frowns upon sin and wrong, to think otherwise is nothing short of a fantasy
                        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية





                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                          Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
                          In terms of music,dating,drinking,smoking....etc yes, but there are a lot, like me, who have no interest in those things. It is not the PLACE that makes someone commit sins, it has to be within them to do those things. I am sick of people saying "America" corrupts Muslims who come here... A person who becomes corrupt will be corrupt wherever they are.
                          Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                          so not true

                          if that were the case, Allah would not command us to create a society that enjoins the right and forbid the wrong

                          if there was no drugs, it would be hard to be a drug addict
                          if there were no porn sites, it would be hard to watch porn

                          living in a sewer and staying clean is a 24/7/365 job

                          now, are there muslims in muslim countries that seek wrong? of course, but it is a blessing from Allah to have a society that frowns upon sin and wrong, to think otherwise is nothing short of a fantasy
                          I think both are partly right. We are responsible for our own actions. Society is a strong, influential force, but ultimately cannot force us to do anything against our will. When society influences to behave in ways which are not right, it's because the individual has ceased to resist societal pressures.

                          In Arabia, before Islam was revealed, arab society suffered many problems that exist today in both Muslim and non-Muslim countries, such as consumption of alcohol, prostitution, pride and competitiveness. Such problems exist now around the world in most countries. Is it the west that's to blame, or the lack of Islam in individuals?

                          It may be harder to get hold of drugs in certain Muslim countries, but it's still possible, and people will still go out of their way to get hold of them and risk imprisonment. Despite their Islamic surroundings, people still commit sins such as fornication. I don't see why it's always the 'wests' fault. I think what people really mean here is the fault is the lack of Islam.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                            lol american Muslims
                            How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Are American muslims too westernized?

                              What do you mean 'westernised'?

                              Most Muslims born and raised in the west (including myself) are westernised (we're not exactly going to be 'easternised' are we? lol)

                              And there is nothing wrong with this, as long as you're not doing anything haram :)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X