• Show
Clear All

Re: Do you like horror movies?

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    scary movie.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat........

Comment

This thread is a real horror thread. Muslims who watch movies and discuss it as if it is something light? Audhu billah.
      "You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you." ~ Imam Al Ghazali.

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
        Haven't watched these. I'll search online. Lol
        better not. There r some nude & sexual scenes in these movies esp. The horror ones.
        “ I try to be El diplomatique ~Abu General El Diplomatique

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          :salams

Brothers and sisters, I think many of us forget that every time when we intentionally walk in to a theater/cinema or sit down to watch a movie, at that moment, you have refused to obey Allah. Why is that?

The command for lowering your gaze applies to looking at the opposite gender on movies/serials just as much as it does in real life. You are putting yourself in a situation where you know for a fact your gaze will fall upon that which is haram for you to look at (and it's more than just the face...even a female exposing her neck or arm).

I know many people watch TV/movies, and we should endeavor to give it up completely for the sake of Allah. The least you can do is not expose your sins online like this or to others.
          Jazakallah khairan for the Reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
            as a kid one of my best friends was a horror freak. I never got the fuss tbh. all the zombie Dracula stuff made you jump in places but it wasn't scary as it wasn't true

having said that the only vampire related death in the Uk happened in the area I live in and not too far from where I grew up

It was a polish (I think) man who was so scared of vampires that he would sleep with garlic all around him and basically choked to death on a garlic

Mr Myiciura, a former pottery worker, was found dead aged 67 in his flat in The Villas, Stoke, in November 1972,

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/death...#ixzz2wf9nVE00
            yeah they even have this strange culture in the East and even among some cultural Muslims that if u carry garlic in ur purse or have it on u,that keeps the Jinn away. I think its rather the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              mainstream horror sucks, its all about the indie. I though prefer Interactive Medium. If anyone can get through Amnesia: Dark Descent, gets a medal

Tension>jump scare
              never heard of that one. U just made me want to look it up. It seems to b dark underground stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Repentant View Post
                This thread is a real horror thread. Muslims who watch movies and discuss it as if it is something light? Audhu billah.
                U r right. I am guilty as charged too. Astagfirullah. May Allah forgive us & rectify our affairs.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I find that Conjuring and Insidious are scary. Very very scary.
                    I do not like the whole idea of horror movies and the idea behind them. I can not understand why people enjoy watching humans being tormented, tortured , killed and other horrible cruel things. I honestly feel watching these things leaves an imprint on the mind and can lead to people doing these things if they have mental problems. I seriously cringe at watching these movies.

Comment

Agreed. I still watch them loads tho :inlove:

Comment

I find that Conjuring and Insidious are scary. Very very scary.
                        those one are ridiculous honestly lol so fake Hollywood cgi. if you wanna kno real scary watch movies based on the actual true story those ones make me scared n I been watching horror since I was 4 yeas old.

Comment

Yes! Horror is my favorite genre since I was little, I think the only frightening movie I ever saw was the Exorcist and everything else was alright but not as frigtening as that!!

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                            Movies and music and these things that have no benefit, instead lead to sin, are not entertainment for Muslims.
                            I used to watch a ton of movies before, once in a while here and there now but you are speaking the truth, true entertainment will be in Jannah only.

People say they don't have time to learn the deen but can watch movies for hours and hours, hypocrisy at its best.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                              I used to watch a ton of movies before, once in a while here and there now but you are speaking the truth, true entertainment will be in Jannah only.

People say they don't have time to learn the deen but can watch movies for hours and hours, hypocrisy at its best.
                              It is not hypocrisy

It is the way some of us were raised. We were raised to be too westernised

And some habits are hard to break.
                              Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                              ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X