Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily islamic routine of Ummah members

Salam,

I was wondering do members here have a daily islamic routine? Are there any differences between daily routines on free days and work/school days? One can think of certain daily dhikr routines, extra prayers, fasting on certain days, sunnah acts one does every day, certain quranic verses one reads every day etc etc.

I want to try to establish a more islamic lifestyle for myself, as I want to start practising. ( do dua for me that I will start and remain steadfasty, unlike the other times). So I would love to see what others do, so that I can slowly incorporate several ideas myself. I thought this would be beneficial for all, as others can give us more ideas or perspectives which members could incorporate in their own lives
    Last edited by pallas; 20-03-14, 02:06 AM.
    Allahumma ighfir lil muslimeena wal-muslimaat, wal-mu'mineena wal-mu'minaat, al-ahyaa'i minhom wal-amwat
    If God grants me life, I shall see to it that even the lonely shepherd in the mountains of San’a shall have his share in the wealth of the community
    Umar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb

Re: Daily islamic routine of Ummah members

i try to read a page of quran after every salah. That way, i would have banked a lot of good deeds for the day, cuz each letter is 10 hasanat.
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Good thread, would like to here some ideas too. ^^ reading Qu'ran after each prayer is good.

Comment

Try being in the state of wudhu...
        Last edited by petals; 20-03-14, 02:39 AM.

Comment

such things in Islamic routine such as dhikr, extra salah, fasting, I don't think people should be sharing.

Deeds like that are advised to be kept secret to keep intention pure
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Wassalam

Start off by doing a little but everyday.

Consistency is key to success.
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Walaikumassalam,

My advice is to make a timetable, and try stick to it strictly. Account for every minute of your time and dont waste it. Have a schedule of things you want to do eg. read 1 juz a day, do certain amount of zikr etc and try fix a time for it, If you dont organise and manage your time, it will waste away in non-beneficial activities.

Also, striclty monitor and limit your internet / television use, unless there is a pre-defined purpose. These are "time robbers" I have a new rule that I do not go onto the internet until I have completed my daily timetable of zikr, reading etc.

Yes, the routine will be different for free days and work days.

Sorry this hasnt answered your question directly, but time management is SO important and we just waste away so much of it.

Comment

:wswrwb:

We should conceal either our bad or good deeds. Why, because human nature is envious. So, keeping our deeds and everything is to prevent other muslims being envy to us. Envious can lead to evil eye, which can lead to harm towards ourselves.

Remember surah Al Falaq

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak
                From the evil of that which He created
                And from the evil of darkness when it settles
                And from the evil of the blowers in knots
                And from the evil of an envier when he envies.
                ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Working...
                X