No announcement yet.

Keepin the wudu from fajr till isha.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keepin the wudu from fajr till isha.

Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
    What do we think about when we are making wudhu? Are we thinking about the Sunnah? Are we thinking about how we are preparing ourself for salah?

When we make wudhu, are we thinking all throughout 'Ya Allah accept this wudhu from me...'' ....at least positively try to maintain this intention; but what do we mean? That this is what our mind is on...

- to have the intention in heart and mind from beginning to end - really enjoy the process....be in the moment - thinking of wudhu from start to finish in preparation for SALAH

Because what else was wudhu prescribed for?

Surat Al Ma'idah 5:6

O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles.

Back to splish splash splosh - how much water do we use? Running taps? SPLISH SPLASH SPLOSH...arm under running tap, other arm under running time...some time later....arm in arm out, leg in leg out...foot under running tap and so on ----that is the problem with ritual worship - we just go through the motions ...but we want more in shaa Allah and we want to be doing our wudhu with correct intention and for all the beneficial reasons

....ever made your wudhu with 500mls of water? Try it; note how much more you concentrate on what you are doing...to make sure that the water you do have has reached every little bit of your forearms, make sure its reached through your toes and so on....and there you are so absorbed into the whole process....

I just thought I would share a logical reasoning by way of illustration; those who use less water, I am sure you understand what I mean....and those who dont ...try it out and see in shaa Allah

But most importantly; using small quantities is from Sunnah:

It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

"The Messenger of Allah used to perform ablution with a Mudd (of water) and bath with a Sa'."

(Mudd is 544 gram, Sa' is 2600 gram) so like...500g is about half a litre...

Are we thinking about how we want to be of those whose limbs and foreheads are shining?

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said:

"It was said: 'O Messenger of Allah, how will you recognize those whom you have not seen of your Ummah?' He said: 'From the blazes of their foreheads and feet, like horses with black and white traces (which make them distinct from others) which are the traces of ablution.'"

Nu'aim b. 'Abdullah al-Mujmir reported:

I saw Abu Huraira perform ablution. He washed his face and washed it well. He then washed his right hand including a portion of his arm. He then washed his left hand including a portion of his arm. He then wiped his head. He then washed his right foot including his shank, and then washed his left foot including shank, and then said: This is how I saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) perform his ablution. And (Abu Huraira) added that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) had observed: You shall have your faces hands and feet bright on the Day of Resurrection because of your perfect ablution. He who can afford among you, let him increase the brightness of his forehead and that of hands and legs.

Are we really shining for salah?

Wash away sins

Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “When a Muslim servant (of Allah) or a believer (Mumin) washes his face (in the course of Wudhu), every sin he has committed with his eyes is washed away from his face along with the water, or with the last drop of water; when he washes his hands, every sin they wrought is erased from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin towards which his feet walked is washed away with water, or with the last drop of water, with the result that he comes out cleansed of all sins.” [Sahih Muslim]

Wudhu can be so rewarding if we give it a chance. If we take our time and our thoughts are correct in shaa Allah. The above hadith just gives us another reason to really do our wudhu with ihsan.
    :jkk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
      Regarding the masah, is it only allowed for one salah or you can do for more than one?
      as long as the socks are not removed then 24 hours from point of putting on socks generally but 3 days if travelling is what I believe is the correct method according to Quran and Sunnah

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
        weirdly a lot of people use this to praise certain ''ulema'' and use it as a stick to beat people with. I mean the whole ''so and so kept wudhu from isha to fajr can you do that?''

although making wudhu and then praying multiple salahs is absolutely fine we find that many of the pious predecessors would ''refresh'' their wudhu before salah even if in wudhu

The benefits of wudhu are many and great and we should try and do it for each salah if we can. Of course this isn't a ''necessity'' and we don't have to, just like reading sunnah or nawafil there is reward in it

oh in if you need to go and its distracting then salah isn't valid I understand.
        There's no bad if someone keeps his/her wudu from isha to fajr, just for the sake of NIGHT PRAYER!
        Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
          There's no bad if someone keeps his/her wudu from isha to fajr, just for the sake of NIGHT PRAYER!
          I think you missed my point brother. I don't think its bad at all. I just don't see why some people think its fantastic with certain of their ulema.
          If anything wudhu before each prayer would be fantastic.

Comment

I have the habit of doing wudhu before every single prayer so it doesn't even matter
            How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

well make sure to not eat much and to take a beano.
              Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
              Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                I think you missed my point brother. I don't think its bad at all. I just don't see why some people think its fantastic with certain of their ulema.
                If anything wudhu before each prayer would be fantastic.
                I think you are talking about Imam Abu Haneefah, the reason people highlight this point is that he didn't use to sleep between fajr and isha!
                No one says that,"Oh look he used to keep his wudu from isha to fajr", only illiterate people would say that. He is appreciated cuz he never used to sleep but during zuhr and asr!
                Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                  well make sure to not eat much and to take a beano.

what why?
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                    what why?
                    so you don't have to break wudu status.
                    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

do you like dehydrate yourself just so you don't have to go to the bathroom?

I don't see it viable to holding your pee for 12+ hours just so you don't have to made wudu again.

Comment

It's great that you're looking into your wudhu brother, but if you don't have to do #1, 2, or pass wind for 14 hours out of the day, you need to also look into seeing a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by faithandlove View Post
                          It's great that you're looking into your wudhu brother, but if you don't have to do #1, 2, or pass wind for 14 hours out of the day, you need to also look into seeing a doctor.
                          lol, theres another brother that does the same lol, but he eats like spicy food at lunch and still manages to keep throughout the day. I only eat sandwiches so its all good
                          They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Working...
                          X