she is mentally preparing for a loved one's death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: she is mentally preparing for a loved one's death

May Allah (t) grant us all an easy death- ameen.

Just a thought Rebel; if your parents outlive you, who will take care of them in old age or through illness when they'd need you most?
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      May Allah (t) grant us all an easy death- ameen.

Just a thought Rebel; if your parents outlive you, who will take care of them in old age or through illness when they'd need you most?
      Ameen.

I have 3 other sisters. Alhamdulilah.
      Last edited by Rebel101; 21-03-14, 12:19 AM.
      Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
        walayk salam

shouldn't this be the default position for a muslim? We are supposed to know and be aware of our time in the dunya and realize all of us are travellers. We will all meet at the same place in the other side to be judged. Then go where we are destined to go.

the person in OP is taking pro-active steps to be aware. I think muslims lack that.
        this.

Death is a reality everyone has to face, and as muslims we should prepare ourselves and others of this reality. I think it would also help to lessen the love for the dunya which is a disease which infects many. You need to be aware of what to face when a close person to you dies, and what your duties would be in facing that situation.
        82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

walayk salam

shouldn't this be the default position for a muslim? We are supposed to know and be aware of our time in the dunya and realize all of us are travellers. We will all meet at the same place in the other side to be judged. Then go where we are destined to go.

the person in OP is taking pro-active steps to be aware. I think muslims lack that.
          should she be content that her mother is there rather than here in hardship if she has hope that Allah will forgive her.
          in death, there is peace sometimes for a Muslim that God is pleased with.

she is taking pro-active steps because it's like she has woken up again and believes in God like she never has before and it scares her that she went through life the way she did without solid belief.

she said she now understands why the mujahideen are willing to die for Allah. it's because they actually believe that He exists.
          it sounds so simple but she must have been doubting something all her life for this to do this to her.

anyways, thanks for the input.
          'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
          Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
          علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            One Sahabi (I think it might have been Ali [ra] but can't say for sure) was so mindful of death, that when tying one shoe lace, he would say stuff like I don't even know if Allah (swt) will keep me alive long enough to tie the other shoe lace.

So yes in light of that, I think a person being so mindful of death is fair.
            this is why the believers cannot wait to meet Allah; they must believe in His existence with proper conviction.
            they actually believe in a God.
            علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
              should she be content that her mother is there rather than here in hardship if she has hope that Allah will forgive her.
              in death, there is peace sometimes for a Muslim that God is pleased with.

she is taking pro-active steps because it's like she has woken up again and believes in God like she never has before and it scares her that she went through life the way she did without solid belief.

she said she now understands why the mujahideen are willing to die for Allah. it's because they actually believe that He exists.
              it sounds so simple but she must have been doubting something all her life for this to do this to her.

anyways, thanks for the input.
              exactly, she is more conscious of Allah SWT than your average muslims
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

exactly, she is more conscious of Allah SWT than your average muslims
                i don't think this is 'more' conscious but just conscious. this is what's eating her up.
                and if this is the case, how many muslims are living life like the walking dead, unaware of Him.
                علي الحبشي

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X