Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My teenage brother is ruining his and my family's life. Please help me im crying :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My teenage brother is ruining his and my family's life. Please help me im crying

Originally posted by secretnerd123 View Post
    May Allah reward you sis and i will take your advice isA. Xx
    and you too isA
    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

Comment

Re: My teenage brother is ruining his and my family's life. Please help me im crying

Thanks all for your help and keep me in your duas. I love this forum and will continue to post on this site inshaLLAH :)

Comment

You'r welcome, hope you have a nice time with us ^ :)

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

You just have to deal with it, keep him a part of the family and don't alienate him. He's just a kid and in time he may see what a brat he was and change into a better person. Help him when he needs help but try to avoid doing things to make him spiteful towards you and islam.

That being said don't fund his habit, if he wants to get high let him do it on his own dime.He is old enough to get a job and pay rent/his phone bill/small things that make him budget and not spend on useless things.

You can move to a new town/area that is further away from where he is atm if such an option is possible, this will make it hard for him to pick up drugs and chill with the "wrong crowd" but it also could make him seek out new connections and pull him further into the lifestyle.

Inshallah he see's his mistakes and learns from them and becomes a good muslim. Allah gives guidance not us, let us pray he accepts such guidance when it appears before him.

Comment

Originally posted by secretnerd123 View Post
            Ameen and same to you sister! I spoke to him earlier and said we're all here for him and will support him no matter what (took the above comments on board) and he became happy and thanked me and looked really happy and smiled. My family is going on holiday in a few weeks so hopefully us spending more time together will improve our relationship. We can't send him to boarding school as there are almost none in london and he's finishing school this summer so theres really no point. I pray Allah eases your situation and makes everything easier for both your family and mine inshaAllah :)
            Allhumdillah that's great sister! Happy to hear that things are progressing. Enjoy your family. It's good to see family supporting one another no matter what. Not many people come from big families. I am the only child from a single parent home so I wouldn't understand how it is to have a big family. My aunts,uncles and cousins are far from being supportive. We can't really depend on each other. We're like strangers. Maybe oneday I will have a big family of my own inshallah:o

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
              You'r welcome, hope you have a nice time with us ^ :)

Sis you know that little message thing that appears at the bottom when you post, mine is Allah id my saviour but allah has been starred out. Why is this :S

Comment

You mean your signature?

Oh I see now. Im sorry I dont know the reason. You can ask in helpdesk insha'allah.
                Last edited by Sky Lark; 20-03-14, 10:27 AM.

Comment

He will only mature with age, something bad needs to happen so he can hit rock bottom and realize the life he's living isn't worth it.

He will separate from this crowd eventually.

Pray and make dua for him.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

But sometimes if the family takes a different turn and shows him how much they care then he can change for the better. Ranting at him will only make him stubborn.

Comment

you cant change a person unless they themselves want to change.

Be patient. However if he starts abusing your mum and others in the family whom he views as weaker then him, then sometimes you have to take a tough stance.

i pray Allah makes it easy for your family ameen
                      82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                        He will only mature with age, something bad needs to happen so he can hit rock bottom and realize the life he's living isn't worth it.

He will separate from this crowd eventually.

Pray and make dua for him.
                        I will inshaAllah. Thanks for your advice. I just hope something extremely bad doesnt happen for him to see the light

Comment

Just get him to pray somehow, that will fix everything iA.

Don't leave him, he's going to be worse if he's alone. Try to be frank with him and slowly make him realize that his family is "cool" and are fun people to be around aswell. Sounds weird but just try to be his bestfriend. He chills with his weed friends because he gets a buzz with that crowd. Make him experience a thrill with his fam.

Comment

Originally posted by striving2change View Post

Don't leave him, he's going to be worse if he's alone. Try to be frank with him and slowly make him realize that his family is "cool" and are fun people to be around aswell. Sounds weird but just try to be his bestfriend. He chills with his weed friends because he gets a buzz with that crowd. Make him experience a thrill with his fam.
                            Jzk brother

Comment

Originally posted by striving2change View Post

This spot on.. I used to think my home life was pretty boring, so I would go out on my days off from work and come back late... Now alhamdulillah with family, we go out, visit places etc so there's always something to look forward to.
                              SPREAD OF EVIL
                              ZIONISM
                              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Sorry to hear sister, you and your mum should talk to him calmly and advise him/ remind him of Islam etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X