telling jokes..are we americans too sensitive to british "joking"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telling jokes..are we americans too sensitive to british "joking"

so Im wondering is british humor more meaner than our jokes? or are we just too sensitive? also is your guys humor funnier than ours? I think not.

Re: telling jokes..are we americans too sensitive to british "joking"

why only Brits and Americans? Why not Nzders also?

#racist :p

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
      why only Brits and Americans? Why not Nzders also?

#racist :p

I've never heard about the humor of NZ. who are your comedians?
      Last edited by nousername; 18-03-14, 03:34 AM.
      Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
      Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
        so Im wondering is british humor more meaner than our jokes? or are we just too sensitive? also is your guys humor funnier than ours? I think not.
        i thought their humor is more ironic and more cynical.

edit: ricky gervais sums it up nicely http://ideas.time.com/2011/11/09/the...ritish-humour/
        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post

Cause it doesn't exist.

Comment

British people often use dry humour like sarcasm etc

I find it funny
            When Americans tell jokes.....meh. It sounds a little too informal and not well written (think it's the accent)

Comment

i hear they have a lot of jokes involving sheeps
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Honestly I have a hard time understanding british humor, aside from monty python (and I still don't 'get' some of their skits lol). I guess americans are too corny and I've been around them too long.

Comment

sometimes Google can be ones best friend (like right now) ''Mike King''
                  Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                  Cause it doesn't exist.
                  what a hater.
                  Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                  i hear they have a lot of jokes involving sheeps
                  yeah them sheep jokes come out during Eid al adha
                  Last edited by *sheba*; 18-03-14, 01:08 PM.
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

British jokes r the best. Mr. Bean.The Black Adder. Rowan Atkinson my all time favorite.

Comment

british sense of humour - more dry, witty, sarcastic ............

american - is it more 'vulgar'
                      i'm thinking about joan rivers and Ruby Wax
                      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

British/American humour is a made up concept. There is no such thing as British humour.

Comment

Yea these Silly American comedians cant get people to laugh without using the 'F' word & 'bitch' atleast once in thier comedy skits. Real Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            British/American humour is a made up concept. There is no such thing as British humour.
                            Wrong. There is no such thing as German humour.
                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                              british sense of humour - more dry, witty, sarcastic ............

american - is it more 'vulgar'
                              i'm thinking about joan rivers and Ruby Wax
                              No americans I know like joan rivers. My mom hates her hehehe but she loves jeff foxworthy and gabriel iglesias.

I really don't like vulgar comedians, I never have even when I wasn't Muslim. I'm not even talking about swear words, I mean like fart jokes, racial jokes and religious jokes, very distasteful imo (like larry the cable guy and jeff dunham).

Comment

Working...
                              X