X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women at walmart cried infront of me and mum after dawah

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
    :wswrwb:

You could have your mom go down there and invite her and her children to a dinner. Women tend to connect while they eat, that would be a great time for your mom to give her da'wa. InshaAllah.
    Yeah blanchoir, like others have said, this is a great idea, insha'Allah.

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
    :jkk:, there is a cafe thing, and I'm going to bring my mom only, she was comfortable with us two there and bringing my sister would be like Jehovah Witness style dawah, I think giving my sisters number will be fine cause my mom usually has it and she can answer. Tea/cake thing is better, dinner would be busy and my mom would be all over the place. Also I believe the dawah coming from a women would be better, i don't know.... I like the GORAP(God, Oneness, Revelations, and Prophets) method, atleast this way she gets a basic understanding first, then they can talk about the hijaab, women's rights, a women's position in Islam..etc
    This is also a good idea.
    Last edited by amatullaah; 19-03-14, 01:07 AM.
    Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

Ameen :jkk: guys,

I am going empty handed btw, I'm just going with the material thats in my head, but the point of tonight is to invite her to Islam, so I want to make sure she gets the email/facebook to my sister, to our local imam, the address to our masjid, and the number to my house.

Any good books you guys recommend? We do have some pamphlets/mini books that covers the basic questions a non-muslim could have...

edit: Thanks for the Du'a posted ^, nonameakhi :jkk: and ameen.
      La Tahzan (Don't Be Sad) is a good book. You can download the PDF here. However, I don't know whether it's the best first-book to give someone interested in Islam, although it may address some of what this lady is feeling.

There's also the WhyIslam brochures; I know of a recent revert and someone interested in Islam who have found them very informative and useful. A Brief Illustrated Guide to Islam is also very good; we always used it at IAW at university. If you're in the GTA, you can go to SoundVision in Mississauga, they have a lot of dawah materials, masha'Allah.
      Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

lol, I'm not getting married -MA-, She's in her 40's, and even if she was my age, I still wouldn't have that in mind

@fliz will do

@Brightesthour She knew some stuff
        Don't know much about Kurds but I hope they all have gheera........nice!
        Humiliating people in the name of religion is the practice of someone deprived of the first fruit of religion, humility.-Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Blanchoir;

Woman= singular, one

Women= plural, more than one

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          -------------------------------------------------------
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
            Blanchoir;

Woman= singular, one

Women= plural, more than one
            :rotfl:,

:jkk:

I'm off soon.
            La illaha ilallah

Comment

alright now I'm going out the door,

feels like I'm missing something,

I hope she's working right now and doesn't have a large num of customers.
              La illaha ilallah

Comment

I walk out the door

20 kurdish families pull in my drive way to see my mom and sis before they leave, and there goes my dawah. Can't even pull my car out.

This is the thing with kurds, we have sense of timing.
                La illaha ilallah

Comment

I walk out the door

20 kurdish families pull in my drive way to see my mom and sis before they leave, and there goes my dawah. Can't even pull my car out.

This is the thing with kurds, we have sense of timing.
                  Is this a Kurdish tradition?

Comment

edit read post.
                    Last edited by blanchoir; 19-03-14, 11:43 PM.
                    La illaha ilallah

Comment

:salams

I bought her a ticket to see Napoleon, Tupac Shakur's best friend, He is coming to my university with a video + lecture on his life, there are hundreds of students/nonmsulims/families attending, Its next week, if you guys don't know who Napoleon is, He is a rapper I grew up listening to, Had super cars, had mansions, had women, had everything, and his speech is so powerful masha'allah on how he gave it all up and came to islam. Its perfect imo for non-muslims and muslims to hear about.

I'm going with my sister with a thank you card for her nice and kind service, with an invitation to Islam, I got material stuff for her, something before she attends the lecture.

I wont update you guys any further insha'allah, won't be around the forum, I'll update you guys in Ramadhan, things gotten too busy for me now. sorta regret spending past 2 days on ummah.com, but alhamdulillah really happy for the brother on here who got married, I'll keep you in my du'a akhi.

:jkk:,

May Allah ever be with you my brothers and sisters, keep the ummah in your du'aa, and spread the message with kindness and wisdom.
                      Last edited by blanchoir; 19-03-14, 11:49 PM.
                      La illaha ilallah

Comment

:jkk: this is the best approach I also believe, a women giving her perspective to another women about Islam, I just don't want her to have a bad first impression, so my sister will be reading this thread on what to do,

because honestly what do you start with? There is so much to say..

:jkk:, my sister, my mom doesn't speak english very well.. she understands but.

I feel at peace right now, may du'a for her. wa iyyakum

I feel it would be weird to just to send my sister, this women only met me and my mom, we left off without a proper good bye or atleast "we invite you to islam, want to hear about it".

so I think I'll go with my sister, then let them do the rest.
                        :salams

I bought her a ticket to see Napoleon, Tupac Shakur's best friend, He is coming to my university with a video + lecture on his life, there are hundreds of students/nonmsulims/families attending, Its next week, if you guys don't know who Napoleon is, He is a rapper I grew up listening to, Had super cars, had mansions, had women, had everything, and his speech is so powerful masha'allah on how he gave it all up and came to islam. Its perfect imo for non-muslims and muslims to hear about.

I'm going with my sister with a thank you card for her nice and kind service, with an invitation to Islam, I got material stuff for her, something before she attends the lecture.

I wont update you guys any further insha'allah, won't be around the forum, I'll update you guys in Ramadhan, things gotten too busy for me now. sorta regret spending past 2 days on ummah.com, but alhamdulillah really happy for the brother on here who got married, I'll keep you in my du'a akhi.

:jkk:,

May Allah ever be with you my brothers and sisters, keep the ummah in your du'aa, and spread the message with kindness and wisdom.
                        InshAllah i hope you ll bring good news...
                        ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Just make sure she doesn't end up following the version of Islam that Napoleon follows, if she does revert. You can see his weird behaviour on Twitter. I don't want to get into a debate about it but it's just something I wanted to mention.
                          Last edited by Muslimah~S; 20-03-14, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X