Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women at walmart cried infront of me and mum after dawah

:salams

Drove my mom to walmart stores to get some passport pictures done, Its very late and its 30 mins till this place closes, and 1 lady is working there. I needed help with the printing machine and she approached me to help me, while she is working the machine for the photos she hears me and my mom speaking in kurdish. She automatically expresses how she is in awe of the language and how beautiful it sounds, My mother and I were shocked cause kurdish doesn't sound that well... One thing leads to another and she starts going into her life story.. she told us she raised her 2 daughters all be herself, a bad husband, but she grew up around muslims her whole life, keep in mind she's white canadian. She goes into her personal experience with racism, bad friends, how she raised her daughters with modesty and never allowed them to be exposed to media filth, how much she loves muslim people and how well she was treated by them.

I thought to myself why not give her some dawah, and lol... she tears up by the 4th sentence that comes out of my mouth. I tell her about Allah's love for the mother, how he honoured women, how Islam saved them, and about the Qu'ran...etc

At this point we got customers lined up at the back and this women does not care, she wants to hear more, unfortunately we are forced to pay and leave... I got her hours which she works, and my mom starts crying in the car too lol.

I would like some advice on what should I do, I would like to invite her to Islam.
    La illaha ilallah

Re: Women at walmart cried infront of me and mum after dawah

I honestly can't get her cry out of my head, my mom just came to me, we are both shocked,

002:074 Khan
    :
    Then, after that, your hearts were hardened and became as stones or even worse in hardness. And indeed, there are stones out of which rivers gush forth, and indeed, there are of them (stones) which split asunder so that water flows from them, and indeed, there are of them (stones) which fall down for fear of Allah. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.
    La illaha ilallah

Comment

:wswrwb:

Give her some literature perhaps? Get a female to give her da'wah?

Don't just leave her I mean lol
      How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
        :wswrwb:

Give her some literature perhaps? Get a female to give her da'wah?

Don't just leave her I mean lol
        Yeah, I feel like its a responsibility now,

Insha'allah I need some advice on what to say/give her so I don't have to go back again.

Maybe an email/facebook to my sister, and some literature.
        La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post

Insha'allah I need some advice on what to say/give her so I don't have to go back again.

It is akhie and a huge responsibility.

In similar situations I get my sisters on the case whilst always enquiring etc.

not sure what your situation is but if need be try and keep contact from distance ie with your mum present etc. in my experience its this ''face time'' that is essential

It shows you care and also its not as easy to leave it to read later

If there is a sister then that is of course best

Comment

:jkk: lol aww mashaallah

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post

not sure what your situation is but if need be try and keep contact from distance ie with your mum present etc. in my experience its this ''face time'' that is essential

I agree

I think stuff got "personal" so you are going to need to send a person there, not just literature and just walk off
              How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

yeah, ideally get a female to give her dawah, or failing that, give her some dawah materials and some contact numbers/mosques/emails/websites for further study.
                The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

Comment

Originally posted by cyber_abdullah View Post
                  yeah, ideally get a female to give her dawah, or failing that, give her some dawah materials and some contact numbers/mosques/emails/websites for further study.
                  :jkk: this is the best approach I also believe, a women giving her perspective to another women about Islam, I just don't want her to have a bad first impression, so my sister will be reading this thread on what to do,

because honestly what do you start with? There is so much to say..

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                  I agree

I think stuff got "personal" so you are going to need to send a person there, not just literature and just walk off
                  :jkk:, my sister, my mom doesn't speak english very well.. she understands but.

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                  :jkk: lol aww mashaallah
                  I feel at peace right now, may du'a for her. wa iyyakum

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post

I feel it would be weird to just to send my sister, this women only met me and my mom, we left off without a proper good bye or atleast "we invite you to islam, want to hear about it".

so I think I'll go with my sister, then let them do the rest.
                  La illaha ilallah

Comment

You should return with your sister and let her do most of the talking, insha'Allah. But it sounds like this lady has had a tough go of it and was/would be appreciative of a sympathetic and understanding ear.
                    Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

Originally posted by amatullaah View Post
                      You should return with your sister and let her do most of the talking, insha'Allah. But it sounds like this lady has had a tough go of it and was/would be appreciative of a sympathetic and understanding ear.
                      :jkk: can you rephrase that bit.
                      La illaha ilallah

Comment

:jkk: can you rephrase that bit.
                        Wa iyyak.

I was trying to say that this lady seems to have had, or is having, a hard time with life, and therefore she would appreciate a sympathetic and understanding listener, to whom she could also speak about Islam (i.e. don't just go there and shove the dawah in her face).
                        Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

Go full force on this bro, a beam of light has opened and you need to show her the light.

I would just go with your mom, she's going to be more comfortable speaking to you because you established that connection with her, so another female is fine but she would appreciate your presence a lot more.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

:salams I hope the dawah goes well for you :insha: I would recommend going with your sister or mom, and give her dawah. I'm part of a street dawah team, and giving dawah is 70% people skills. Be sympathetic towards her show her that you guys care, and that things will turn around for her. You should convey the message with sincerity, and understanding. When you talk to her you should use the method called GORAP(God, Oneness, Revelations, and Prophets). For instance, you start off by asking does she believe in God? If she says yes, move on to the oneness of God. Like Allah has no images, unlike the creation, etc.. If she agrees to that you go on to revelations. For example, tell her about the Torah, Injeel, and the final revelation of the Quran. The last step is the prophets. You should emphasize all the main prophets like Abraham, Moses, Noah, and Jesus. Tell her that all the prophets came down with the same message, and that's worshiping God alone without any partners. Finally, if she accepts this you should tell her that she's indeed Muslim already in her heart, and all she has to do is the testimony of faith. Note: Don't try to force her and tell her she should accept with her own free will because there is no compulsion in religion. If she does take the shahada tell her the good news that God has favored her, and he saw something in her heart, and that one day all Muslims will enter Jannah one day :insha:
                            Last edited by Africa; 18-03-14, 07:01 PM.
                            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                              Go full force on this bro, a beam of light has opened and you need to show her the light.

I would just go with your mom, she's going to be more comfortable speaking to you because you established that connection with her, so another female is fine but she would appreciate your presence a lot more.
                              Yep... There's nothing wrong with a male giving dawah to a female as long as he conducts himself in a modest way.
                              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X