Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim area in or outskirts of London

AOA,

I know this question been asked many times and i've explored almost all past threads but areas changes over time, so here i'm asking this again.

I've two young boys 4 and 1 year old and currently live in Hillingdon. It's mix community near us but mostly white, hindus or sikhs. For e.g. my wife is the only muslim who takes hijab among parents in my son's nursery and there's a small sufi mosque 10 mins drive away.

Ideally i was looking for some good islamic school but unfortunately there're not many good permanent options. Is there decent muslim area where i can find muslims around me with good state schools if not islamic so at least my kids grow in like minded people and a mosque near by so my family can learn deen and take part in islamic activities?

My budget is not big, so the only option i can find so far is Slough but i have heard its a rough area.

Any suggestions?

JazakAllah Khair!

Faraz

Re: Muslim area in or outskirts of London

Have you checked around Hayes ?

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I've heard similar things about Hayes and that's why house prices are not that high in Hayes.

Comment

Originally posted by farazfastian View Post
        AOA,

I know this question been asked many times and i've explored almost all past threads but areas changes over time, so here i'm asking this again.

I've two young boys 4 and 1 year old and currently live in Hillingdon. It's mix community near us but mostly white, hindus or sikhs. For e.g. my wife is the only muslim who takes hijab among parents in my son's nursery and there's a small sufi mosque 10 mins drive away.

Ideally i was looking for some good islamic school but unfortunately there're not many good permanent options. Is there decent muslim area where i can find muslims around me with good state schools if not islamic so at least my kids grow in like minded people and a mosque near by so my family can learn deen and take part in islamic activities?

My budget is not big, so the only option i can find so far is Slough but i have heard its a rough area.

Any suggestions?

JazakAllah Khair!

Faraz
        Waalaikumussalam Faraz,
        I live near Harrow ,Wembley.
        Their are no State funded Islamic schools around except Iqra in Slough.
        Everyone else charges.

What i would advice is you can try weekend schools, Their are a few i think around the harrow region.
        El iman school , arabic4 kids .

If you are willing to pay Ayesha Community school in Hendon is very good. This is a full time primary and secondary. They got a Masjid closeby.
        Personaly i think Primary school going to state school is fine . Problem is Secondary.
        So you can send to state school for primary and maybe weekend Arabic and Islamic classes.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Jazakallah, that's my plan. In case i don't find good islamic school then at least i'll try to move to an area where there's a good islamic community around with access to mosque and weekend madarsa. It looks like Harrow is the right area to move in but it's very expensive :(

Comment

East London Mosque. Come down to Whitechapel!

Comment

Originally posted by Hassan-Ali View Post
              Yes, come and join us!

Comment

Originally posted by Speck of Dust View Post
                Yes, come and join us!
                Originally posted by Hassan-Ali View Post

: (

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                  : (
                  You can come too muzzy. Whitechapel and the Aldgate area is glorious before maghrib in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck of Dust View Post
                    You can come too muzzy. Whitechapel and the Aldgate area is glorious before maghrib in the summer.
                    I know man ,I am attracted to that place like a magnet.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread OP.

Comment

Any buddy in the favour of Harrow / Wembley? :)

Comment

Originally posted by farazfastian View Post
                          Any buddy in the favour of Harrow / Wembley? :)
                          Umm

Hayes has a lot of Muslims

Majority Pakistani/Somali/Arab

Comment

It's not just muslims i'm after, i'm after decent educated muslims.

I haven't heard good reports of Hayes, not sure about Aldgate area either.

I know i'm looking for ideal area but i think in Harrow and Brent we do have that kind of Muslim community, but it's expensive. Looks like i'll need lot of money to move in to decent area. :(

Comment

My nieces live in Harrow. I've heard it's quite good, fairly diverse.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                              X