Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to the masjid to find a husband: Permissible or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the masjid to find a husband: Permissible or not?

In another thread I mentioned how I wanted to have my wali send a message to a brother I was interested in.
    This is a brother I know through classes at the masjid.

Brother Spider man seems to think that looking for a husband at the masjid is not a good thing.

Originally posted by Spider man
    So you go to masjid to find a potential for you rather than praying wholeheartedly.

Thats why masjids in south asian countries don't allow women because some women like you only go to masjid to search 1000's of muslim men faces to find a right potential. Lowering of gaze is not applicable to men only.
    Now if I have no Muslim family, and live in a non-Muslim land, where do you supposed I look?
    I don't believe that staying in the house and praying for one to fall out of the sky is going to work.
    Yes.
    25.00%
    No.
    75.00%
    Not sure.
    0.00%

Re: Going to the masjid to find a husband: Permissible or not?

your mistake was taking him seriously, learn to ignore him
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernGirl View Post

Now if I have no Muslim family, and live in a non-Muslim land, where do you supposed I look?
      I don't believe that staying in the house and praying for one to fall out of the sky is going to work.
      You aren't praying hard enough

Comment

Going to the masjid to find a husband: Permissible or not?

spidey just got called out.
        They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

You were afraid of rejection and now you're afraid of this guys opinion? You have to learn to shake things off sister.

Comment

You also have to keep in mind that people sometimes behave differently when in the masjid. If you really want to know someone, you have to go beyond that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahira13 View Post
              You were afraid of rejection and now you're afraid of this guys opinion? You have to learn to shake things off sister.
              Agreed!!!

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernGirl View Post
                In another thread I mentioned how I wanted to have my wali send a message to a brother I was interested in.
                This is a brother I know through classes at the masjid.

Brother Spider man seems to think that looking for a husband at the masjid is not a good thing.

Don't take him seriously...look at his rep. 'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Heart_ View Post
                  Don't take him seriously...look at his rep. 'nuff said.
                  What does "look at his rep" mean?

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

salam, im a new comer, and think its perfectly acceptable:up: to go to a masjid in search of a spouse

Comment

I think its ok, :up: and the bit about south Asian mosques not permitting females is cultural and not religious so dont let that put you off!, mosques are mankind not malekind!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                        Under each users name on the left is a green or red set of dots. hover your cursor over it. See the star on the bottom of each persons post? That is what giving reputation points does.. It gives that you either have a positive or negative reputation on the forum.

Comment

In our masjid we don't have facilities for women, one time I let 2 women in 2 pray upstairs. Couldnt say no
                          Should have seen the reaction of the uncles Hah! Haram! Astaghfirullah nauzubillah, As majority bengali chachas, Funny masjid episode. if anyone interested to read.
                          Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

depends what you mean by the question

If the masjid has an imam or a sisters circle etc and you want to put the word out that you are looking for potentials then that is fine

If its to stand and look, as in stare etc, at men for potentials then no

Today its been made difficult for a woman seeking a potential and the family is usually the only outlet. culture plays a role in this and so this outlet isn't always the best

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                              it 'means' that obviously he says a lot of nonsense, hence why he's deep red.

Comment

Working...
                              X