Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking the pill for umrah..?

:salams

Question for the sisters....or brothers, In Sha Allah my cousin will be going for umrah.

her periods are very irregular. She was supposed to have started a couple of weeks ago, but hasnt. she is going for umrah on 19th March and she isnt sure what she should do.

should she consider taking the pill?

btw she is only 18...

:jkk:
    "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
    "Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

taking the pill for umrah..?

No one....?
    "Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon" To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return." (Quran Surat Al Baqarah 2:156)
    "Every soul shall have a taste of death, then to us you will be ultimately returned." (Quran Surat Al Ankaboot 29:57)

Comment

Re: taking the pill for umrah..?

my friend did
      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
      ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
      “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

speak to an alim or consult fatwa sites this has been discussed on their in great detail.

I suggest sunnipath or darulifta.
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

im an advocate for the pill :P

so id be like yea go for it

it'd suck if ur on during umrah
          My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
          ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Comment

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...riod-for-umrah
            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Yeah the pill balances your hormones so you can at least know when your period is due, and even prevent it altogether. Can't imagine anything worse than coming on unexpectedly especially when travelling / umrah.

Comment

some say no

Menstruation is a natural process ordained by Allah, the Creator of human beings. Thus, there are certain wisdom, rationality, and benefits behind menstruation. Among them is the production of progesterone and other female hormones essential for the well-being of a woman. Suppressing these hormones may lead to certain undesirable side effects such as increased weight. Islam discourages inflicting harm on oneself and others. Thus, it is better to avoid taking contraceptives unless necessary. Controlling menstrual cycle for the sake of Hajj and `Umrah is not necessary.

`Umrah is not wajib. If it is ordained by Allah that a woman bleeds during her `Umrah, then she should accept it with an open heart. Allah knows what is best for His servants. And Allah knows what is in her heart. And, in sha' Allah, she would be rewarded for her good intention.

As for Hajj, it is not necessary to suppress the menses. Even the Prophet's wife `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), bled during her Hajj with the Prophet. All activities of the Hajj, except Tawaf, can be perform by a menstruating woman. And this Tawf can be done anytime after the first tahallul (going out of ihram). Thus there is plenty of time for the woman to do her Tawaf.

But if she has taken the pills to suppress her periods, her acts of worship are still valid.
                My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Speak to a Mufti and Dr.

Sometimes in some individuals the pill can bring on early bleeding which may negate the purpose of taking it.
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

great point ^ when u first start taking the pill u get early spotting

if she starts then #Allah wanted that so just accept ur fate gurl
                    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Isn't it just the tawaf that you don't so if you're menstruating and then after you do ghusl you finish your umrah?

I'm really ignorant on this.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                      -------------------------------------------------------
                      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Also keep in mind that the body takes time to adjust to any new medication. So it could happen that it doesn't give her the results she desires, even possibly the opposite could happen.

Consult a dr and imam
                        Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

why not plan on going to umrah according to her cycle ( unless it's irregular, then see a doctor)? that way she can just avoid using it
                          Last edited by whisperofimaan; 16-03-14, 11:00 PM.
                          الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

are you asking about permissibility ?

i advise the individual to speak to her GP about the implications of taking the pill in light of her particular situation.
                            you say the period is irregular, a visit to her GP may shed more light on this and it may be a reason against taking the medication for such purposes as it may exacerbate any possible issue present.
                            'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                            Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                            علي الحبشي

Comment

:jkk: for all the replies

she came on so shes not gonna be able to do umrah when she gets there

In sha Allah she will be able to

Comment

Working...
                              X