Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    Wouldn't this thread thwart anyone who might have been genuinely interested in Islam and now you would label them dumb?
    Did I call them dumb? Did I call any non Muslims dumb? No, I did not. I said truly dumb questions.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
      Did I call them dumb? Did I call any non Muslims dumb? No, I did not. I said truly dumb questions.
      But still though. I think that is mean.
      8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
      2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
      3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
      4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
      5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
      6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
      7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
      8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

To be fair to Magic, burqas and niqabs used to freak me out a bit too and for the same reason. I was brought up in one of those 'modern liberal' type Muslim families so we kinda viewed the parda etc with disdain as though it was something illiterate village people wore or something. I also had some negative stereotypes cos' of the local Mirpuri community.

Eventually when I gravitated towards the deen more in my late teens, I started covering my head myself and it took a while to adjust to realising the importance of the headscarf, but even then I found it difficult to get my head around the whole niqab thing. I think the internet helped me to change my thinking. Coming to a place like this, you interact with sisters day to day and have proper discussions with niqabis without even realising it cos' you can't see the person behind the screen (and can feel quite comfortable talking to them about stuff here). That helped me join the dots and properly understand the obvious; that there's a real person behind all that cloth and she's every bit as smart and capable as anyone else.

As for whoever wrote that other post about a kafir refusing to eat halal meat- it's because there's a propaganda campaign against halal meat specifically. There are some articles and probably some youtube vids out there and when these urbanised kufaar see a poor chicken or lamb getting its throat cut; it shocks them and makes them feel it's "barbaric" so they decide they will never eat halal meat and don't ever pause to wonder where their own haram meat comes from, how cruelly it was raised in some dingey cage on a factory farm, pumped with artificial drugs to fatten it up quickly and then put out of its misery probably on a conveyor belt. Some European countries are trying to ban halal meat cos' of these stupid campaigns and even banned kosher meat as well.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

"They force the women to walk 2 meters behind their husbands. It's so if a landmine goes off, only the wife blows up because they don't care about women"

On the topic of niqab "Imagine the poor children never being able to see their mothers face, it can't be healthy"

One could not make it up.

Comment

Once during a gate guard duty night, I ended up talking about Islam to a guy at the guard post. I told him about the rules and about paradise and such. During the whole time he was going "Wow". When I told him that the burden of choice now rests on him, his response was pretty much "OMG you doomed me to hell, why did you do this to me!?"

Most people still give me the typical look as if I had bomb vest under my shirt when I tell them I'm a Muslim.
            your online source of hadiths: http://sunnah.com/
            ask me questions: ask.fm/caetratilegion

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
              "They force the women to walk 2 meters behind their husbands. It's so if a landmine goes off, only the wife blows up because they don't care about women"

On the topic of niqab "Imagine the poor children never being able to see their mothers face, it can't be healthy"

One could not make it up.

How can a landmine blow up the woman but not the man? Jeez
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I heard they walk waaay behind the men because females are inferior.
                Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

i use to think that women that wore the head scarf were bald
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Another 'good' one I've heard is that Muslims don't smile.
                    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

Edit
                      Last edited by iRepIslam; 16-03-14, 10:15 PM.
                      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                        Never Understood this,

How does Halal or Haraam make any difference to a Kaafir? :scratch:

muzzybee's work collegue is quite likely a Islamophobic
                        Religious reasons, some I know believe it's barbaric and believe it's not in the best interest of animal welfare.

He doesn't have to be a islamaphobe.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

I've seen someone appeal to Qur'anic verses, like surah 56:17, and say that this shows pedophilia in Paradise (on account of 'youths' being mentioned). Now, granted, this was in the comments section of a Youtube video, so I guess I should've expected it. That's just how they roll. Truly, there is no limit to how far some people will go. :vomit:
                          Last edited by drac16; 17-03-14, 07:59 PM.
                          "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                            Religious reasons, some I know believe it's barbaric and believe it's not in the best interest of animal welfare.

He doesn't have to be a islamaphobe.
                            But , chances are if you tell them , it is kosher , they would not mind.
                            I havent heard this but just putting out their.

I think their are two types ,It may be animal welfare or it may be islamaphobic as well,but i am leaning towards the latter simply because they would never question anything before eating, so i think they simply dont care.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                              But , chances are if you tell them , it is kosher , they would not mind.
                              I havent heard this but just putting out their.

I think their are two types ,It may be animal welfare or it may be islamaphobic as well,but i am leaning towards the latter simply because they would never question anything before eating, so i think they simply dont care.
                              I know what your saying but if he was a racist and didn't like Jews than he would have given the same remarks regarding kosher meat.

If my associate asked me "I'm going to McDonalds to get a Bigmac, do you want one"

I would either respond like this

"No thank you, I'm good"

"Sorry I don't eat non-zabiha meat or I don't eat non-halal meat"

Does the latter make me a racist? I don't think so

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Ok so I used to shower 5 times a day when I first reverted a year ago, I misunderstood what I needed to do.

The things said to me at work are similar to what some have posted already.

All Muslims are secretly wanting to kill westerners and to take over their land. I said, what if it's our land because we were born here, like me, then it's ours already => and it's just a matter of numbers and time =>>

Another is always the oppressed claim and that Muslim women don't realise they are oppressed that's why they say they're not oppressed. My answer is who oppresses them please? they usually say, oh their fathers and brothers. Then i tell them I have no Muslim family oppressing me so what's my excuse? then there is silence, lulz
                                Last edited by ssh; 18-03-14, 08:51 PM. Reason: looked up date, had to correct it

Comment

Working...
                                X