Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Never Understood this,

How does Halal or Haraam make any difference to a Kaafir? :scratch:

muzzybee's work collegue is quite likely a Islamophobic
    You are right , he is one of those sarcastically funny type.
    Honest, and right is right and wrong is wrong types.
    So you can imagine with the media and all.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
      Dumbest thing for me was ''Are you Muslim'' ................................... This was said by a Somali brother.

Also, when I was at high school, my class mate asked me ''do you cover your hair because you are bold''

I laughed and told him, yeah bro, how did you know? He was creeped out, avoided me for a week till he clicked on I was playing him.

loool *memories of teen years* sighs.
      I got asked if I was a jewess, and many people have mistaken me for a sister (catholic) as well. It's not that uncommon methinks :D There is this old man who always tells me "shalom" when he drives by. He lives near me I think lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
        lool I do that too. At work in summer, it would be burning hot and I'm working as a kitchen hand so even hotter in there.

The ladies would ask, you are not hot in that, oh my God. And I would play it cool while I'm literally dying and wanting to take of hijab and burn it lool.
        lolol I thought im only one who does that

I hate to give them that satisfaction of knowing im burning up lol

Comment

Wouldn't this thread thwart anyone who might have been genuinely interested in Islam and now you would label them dumb?
          8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

"Everything in Islam is forbidden (haram)!!"

My reply is usually: Everything that can make harm to mankind is forbidden.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
              Wouldn't this thread thwart anyone who might have been genuinely interested in Islam and now you would label them dumb?
              no

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                no
                I didn't grow up knowing my abc in Islam.

I say 'dumb' comments.

Burqas scare me.

Honest to Allah, they genuinely do.

But I support a Muslim woman wanting to wear them.

It's because of our cultural differences. Had I been brought up in Saudi, I wouldn't take much notice.

1. Wake up early!
                3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

Comment

I didn't grow up knowing my abc in Islam.

I say 'dumb' comments.

Burqas scare me.

Honest to Allah, they genuinely do.

But I support a Muslim woman wanting to wear them.

It's because of our cultural differences. Had I been brought up in Saudi, I wouldn't take much notice.
                  why they scare you tho??

Comment

why they scare you tho??
                    The face being covered is not something I am used to.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

The face being covered is not something I am used to.
                      do you feel bad or hurt when we say like the title of the thread??

I would think nonmuslims wouldn't care if we thought its dumb what they ask. theyde just be like ooops sorry n carry on.

the ones ive encounterened anyway.

Comment

Their is a myth that Muslim men have a belt or a whip hanging on the wall to be used when the wife is disobedient. I couldn't believe it when I heard about this.
                        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                          Their is a myth that Muslim men have a belt or a whip hanging on the wall to be used when the wife is disobedient. I couldn't believe it when I heard about this.
                          that sounds like fathers back in the 50s

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                            Sounds like my nonmuslim mother. She made sure we obeyed her hehehe

Comment

that sounds like fathers back in the 50s
                              my dad always threatened to use the belt, but never made good on that thread.

and he's

NON-MUSLIM
                              Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                              Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

do you feel bad or hurt when we say like the title of the thread??

I would think nonmuslims wouldn't care if we thought its dumb what they ask. theyde just be like ooops sorry n carry on.

the ones ive encounterened anyway.
                                I don't know. I imagine if I was a Non-Muslim, and have a very inquisitive personality, I might see this thread and start feeling nervous to ask questions to Muslims. Just research everything on Sheikh Google.

1. Wake up early!

NEW UPDATE

Comment

Working...
                                X