Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

    Or the dumbest thing a non-Muslim has ever said about Islam to you? This would be helpful since we don't know about how little non-Muslims know about us.


    My Christian friend said she didn't know if I celebrated Christmas or not, and I'm a hijabi
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

  • #2
    Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

    wouldnt call them dumb

    they are unaware of our customs
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

      ...
      Last edited by petals; 25-05-14, 10:40 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

        once these muslims were praying in a room at work n the non muslim ppl go what at they doing, they genuinely didnt know. n were so confused.

        its funny cos islam is always in the news, n theyalways show muslims praying in a mosque that sometimes u assume every1 wud no
        My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
        ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
        “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

          Originally posted by Fairy View Post
          wouldnt call them dumb

          they are unaware of our customs
          I agree that some people are just unaware.

          But once this woman was arguing with me. She was telling me that I worshipped a pagan moon god and he had 8 arms. :asta:

          With the 8 arms bit, I knew she was mistaken and told her, "no, that's "Buddah." She said she would bring me a picture. I said ok, can't wait to see it.....

          Of course she never brought me pic because she was wrong.

          I don't mind people asking questions, but it can be annoying when someone wants to argue with me about my own deen.

          Thankfully since I've gotten older it doesn't happen nearly as much. :p

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

            Originally posted by Fairy View Post
            wouldnt call them dumb

            they are unaware of our customs

            I didn't call them dumb. I said what's the dumbest thing you've heard. This is not meant to make fun of people. It's just to see what kind of misconceptions they have.
            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

              that we worship mo7ammed :saw: like christains worship jesus pbuh

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                1. A girl told me "You worship the moon & hate Jesus"

                2. People in high school asked me about the 72 virgins

                3. When I told a girl that Allah and God are the same being/thing she got very upset and started screaming "no it's not no it's not!!"
                afterwards she invited me to church.....she now has 2 kids, not married, with the same guy she dated in high school that cheated on her...
                4. A guy in high school called me a terrorist & said I needed to go blow myself up......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                  Women are oppressed in Islam

                  Probably the dumbest thing I've heard on it by far tbh.
                  I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

                  Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                    I wouldn't say dumb. I think ignorant is more suitable.

                    "But aren't the men really abusive and have like 10 wives?"

                    "Are you cold? *points at my scarf*" I actually was cold that day. LOL. So win-win.

                    "Is somebody making you wear that?"

                    "Allah is a moon god."

                    "But why would you want to become a Muslim? Those people.. They're not good people and have bad reputation."

                    "How can you be Muslim? You're Mexican. You've disappointed your people." <-- So far the most ignorant I've heard so far. 'u'

                    You know when I think of all those things, it doesn't really make me angry. o-o It makes me smile because I am blessed to be part of this ummah. ^^ And to know the truth. I can't help but pray and ask Allah to guide the ones that are astray. Allahu akbar.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                      I used to think "Do muslims (women) have hair?" was the dumbest question, until I realized that Nuns (not sisters, but full nuns) can't have hair and shave their heads. Most of the people who asked me that were catholics, it took me a while to connect the dots. Now the question is not so weird.

                      One stupid question I always get is "are you married to an Arab?". If I say I converted for Allah, not a man, they don't believe me. Sometimes I ask the same thing then point out that christianity originated in the middle east so that must mean all christian women are converts married to arab men.

                      Another one in college was asking (in order to annoy me) which of my husband's 15 wives I am, and if he's allowed to beat me for going to school.

                      Other than that, no questions were "stupid", just curious. Most questions I think are cute lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                        Originally posted by Melimiel View Post
                        "But why would you want to become a Muslim? Those people.. They're not good people and have bad reputation.
                        This just makes me really sad ... may Allah guide them.

                        Originally posted by Melimiel View Post
                        "How can you be Muslim? You're Mexican. You've disappointed your people." <-- So far the most ignorant I've heard so far. 'u'
                        I was jumped by some guys who said the same thing .. "you're a traitor to your race", as if they knew my race lol. Alhamdulillah there was a business nearby. Some really ignorant people in this world.
                        Last edited by |Sister|; 15-03-14, 04:54 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                          Originally posted by Melimiel View Post
                          I wouldn't say dumb. I think ignorant is more suitable.

                          "But aren't the men really abusive and have like 10 wives?"

                          "Are you cold? *points at my scarf*" I actually was cold that day. LOL. So win-win.

                          "Is somebody making you wear that?"

                          "Allah is a moon god."

                          "But why would you want to become a Muslim? Those people.. They're not good people and have bad reputation."

                          "How can you be Muslim? You're Mexican. You've disappointed your people." <-- So far the most ignorant I've heard so far. 'u'

                          You know when I think of all those things, it doesn't really make me angry. o-o It makes me smile because I am blessed to be part of this ummah. ^^ And to know the truth. I can't help but pray and ask Allah to guide the ones that are astray. Allahu akbar.
                          I always always get the opposite of that,, I get aren't you hot in that? its like ya its hot its 120 degrees were all hot

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                            Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                            I always always get the opposite of that,, I get aren't you hot in that? its like ya its hot its 120 degrees were all hot
                            Someone asked me that the other day I said no the scarf soaks up my sweat and the wind acts like a water cooler (which is true) but the look on her face was priceless lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What's the Dumbest Thing You've Heard About Islam?

                              Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                              Someone asked me that the other day I said no the scarf soaks up my sweat and the wind acts like a water cooler (which is true) but the look on her face was priceless lol
                              lol i say that too just to shock them ^_^ im like nah man im cool under here.. unlike you guys whos skin burning in the sun lol but in reality am hot as hell n trying to pretend im cool :P I get home n I let it all out.

                              once a while back I got that so which wife number are you bit I was like oh im the littlest favorite one;)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X