Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parents still treat me as a kid!!

Assalaamu'alaikum,

I hope you are in gd health and imaan in shaa Allah. Your parents are a bit like mine, well it was like that a few years back when we started to grow up and become a bit independent. I think the only way they will chill out a bit is if you become more independent. Always tell them where you are going before you leave the house (this is for your safety nothng else), if you are returning late tell them to stop them from worrying all day! This should also stop the calls.

On the other hand you have to look at it from there point of view too. I mean parents will be parents and at the end of the day we will never understand till we have our own children. The thing you have to understand is whether your 10, 20, 30 or 50 you will always be that child your parents brought up and they will always see you as there "child" regardless of age. So respect them they are only afraid of letting go.

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
      What type of job do you do?

What field?

I only ask because I feel as if i know you.

You remind me of someone.
      First off, I am not in Scotland.

Im a technical Engineer in an IT field...

Comment

Originally posted by The White Rose View Post
        Assalaamu'alaikum,

I hope you are in gd health and imaan in shaa Allah. Your parents are a bit like mine, well it was like that a few years back when we started to grow up and become a bit independent. I think the only way they will chill out a bit is if you become more independent. Always tell them where you are going before you leave the house (this is for your safety nothng else), if you are returning late tell them to stop them from worrying all day! This should also stop the calls.

On the other hand you have to look at it from there point of view too. I mean parents will be parents and at the end of the day we will never understand till we have our own children. The thing you have to understand is whether your 10, 20, 30 or 50 you will always be that child your parents brought up and they will always see you as there "child" regardless of age. So respect them they are only afraid of letting go.
        I understand that. I always tell them where I am going before I leave and make sure nothing else needs to be done in the home.

But even when they know where I am going they will always call to say its been long now, come home. Esp worse when all my cousins know its my dad calling and telling me to come home. It is very embarassing and feel like throwing a hissy fit or a tantrum. One time I want to relax and cant enjoy it knowing I will get a call.

Comment

tell them you're going to your cousins, and that you will be back at ____ time, and your phone will be switched off and you won't pick up the phone, if they're so worried about where you are tell them to come and get you ( dont say this if you know they would actually do it). My mum used to ring me alot and I would just switch my phone off, she got the hint and now she only rings me if she wants me to pick up something on the way home

Comment

Working...
          X