Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: painless childbirth

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
    Yah it was a blizzard. they would've been busted out by the wind lol.
    shes one tough lady lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
      That's what I'm planning to do. I don't think she'll be there for my birth but she's trying really hard to stop me from getting the epidural. She keeps saying if I get an epidural I'm going to have be brain dead and go in a como. She's trying hard to stop me.
      Lol!

My mum did that with my younger sister (her first baby was due 6w before my baby). However, after seeing the complication that my sister went through cos of not having one, she allowed me to have one when it was my turn.
      https://sufisticated101.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
        Lol! So true!

I didn't use an epidural or anything and I lived through it. I'm a weakling as well.

But I can tell you that by the time you get to the end of the pregnancy you don't care if the baby has to come out of your nose, you just want him/her OUT! lol
        i thinik i screamed out' i dont want the baby '
        looool

second birth was natural.
        no pain relieff at all

it was shorter as well - got to hosp and gave birth within 20mins (maybe even shorter ) ALHAMDULILLAH
        but screamed a lot.......

i'm a weakling when it comes to pain
        Last edited by Muslima London; 17-03-14, 11:39 AM.
        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
          i thinik i screamed out' i dont want the baby '
          looool

second birth was natural.
          no pain relieff at all

it was shorter as well - got to hosp and gave birth within 20mins (maybe even shorter ) ALHAMDULILLAH
          but screamed a lot.......

i'm a weakling when it comes to pain
          LOL! @ the bolded! :rofl1:

I had 2 with no pain relief or anything, and for reference: I cry when I stub my toe.
          But I got through it.

It's different for everyone though.

For me, the labor wasn't so bad but the delivery is painful. For my cousin the labor was torture but the delivery was easy.

I never wanted any kind of pain meds because I was always afraid that they would wear off in the middle, then you're in horrible pain and didn't get the natural build up and tolerance to it that you would have without the meds. And after a certain point they can't give you any more anyway. So if it wears off before the delivery(which I've heard it usually does), then you still have to feel it without the benefit of going through the labor and being able to prepare yourself.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking pain meds for labor & delivery as it **IS** painful. But I just preferred not to.

Comment

giving birth isnt a competition - in that if you opt for epidural or other pain reducing interventions it somehow doesnt count as having a proper birth! or if you have a c-section then you havent really gave birth "the proper way".Who cares?!

If you need pain relief, then you need it. It doesnt matter how your child is born into the world - so long as he/she is healthy and breathing thats all that counts.
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
              I am much too afraid of the possible complications of epidurals. Spinal cord injuries, severe drops in blood pressure, days of possible tingling/weakness in the legs, permanent nerve damage, longer birthing and labor, much higher chance of cesarean because the nerves aren't working properly. And epidurals are made from synthetic cocaine and/or opioids and can affect the baby as well. Plus I just really don't want a needle in my back.
              you dont really feel the needle going in - its a huge frigging needle though! definitely not great that they wave it about infront of you too !!
              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post

you dont really feel the needle going in - its a huge frigging needle though! definitely not great that they wave it about infront of you too !!
                Do they numb it? Or would that be point less since that would be two needles than?

Hopefully since people say it wears off. I'm gonna stick out the contractions nd when I'm close to pop him out I'll ask ask for a epidural. I'm terrified of it wearing off mid birth or something.

Comment

The last giant needle I had pointed at me went straight into a bone. I'm not fond of large needles anymore lol. Maybe I'll just adopt

giving birth isnt a competition - in that if you opt for epidural or other pain reducing interventions it somehow doesnt count as having a proper birth! or if you have a c-section then you havent really gave birth "the proper way".Who cares?!

If you need pain relief, then you need it. It doesnt matter how your child is born into the world - so long as he/she is healthy and breathing thats all that counts.
                  I wouldn't do a csection because 1 the scar would make me less physically attractive to my husband and 2 vbac would be extremely dangerous. I would avoid cesarean at all costs.

Actually they just passed a law here that forces doctors to wait longer to offer csections, because they said doctors just scare new mothers and use csections to rush people out of the hospital after a few hours, when human labor can naturally last two days. https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...0YP/story.html
                  Last edited by |Sister|; 17-03-14, 04:50 PM.

Comment

my whole point is sometimes you dont have a choice of whether you want c section or not, its hardly a lifestyle choice

well stretchmarks are unattractive too yet come with being pregnant - you just accept it and get over it.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

I don't think anyone is being competitive.
                      Just trying to let other sisters know that if you choose not to have medication during childbirth, that you can get through it.

I also don't think(though I've heard from some sisters) the argument you stated about "C-section" isn't "proper birth" etc is what anyone is saying here either. But I do know that the risks, difficulty and problems involved during and after are very different. I always felt bad seeing ladies after a C-section walking around bent over and they can't even pick up their baby. That must be so difficult.

my whole point is sometimes you dont have a choice of whether you want c section or not, its hardly a lifestyle choice

well stretchmarks are unattractive too yet come with being pregnant - you just accept it and get over it.
                      Agree with both. There are some who opt for C-sections as a choice, but I think they may be the minority. Most C-sections occur when there are complications in the birth. Though some occur because Dr's just like to do what's easiest and fastest for them and C-sections are 99% guaranteed in and out within a day as opposed to labor then delivery which can last for days and the Dr.s have no control over when it ends or how it turns out.

Comment

It's weird, I've had three epidurals but never did anyone show me how the big the needle was or anything like that. It was done fairly quickly each time. And now I'm reading it is a huge needle! Lol I never knew
                        Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

who says its competition but its interesting to know that others have done it woithout pain relief
                          Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                          __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                          If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Working...
                          X