X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bint Muaawiya
    replied
    Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
    She's just worried about you mashaAllah. My mom would just tell me to suck it up and stop being such a baby and then tell me how she gave birth in the worst blizzard of the century without and painkillers and bla bla bla lol. :rotfl:

But yeh there are popular alternatives to epidurals, so if she is scared, maybe discussing these with her might calm her down and she could compromise http://voices.yahoo.com/pain-relief-...28.html?cat=68
    Haha that was hilarious, I'm sorry I laughed but do parent's exaggerate or are these real stories? All my mother said was she was cleaning the house the whole night until I almost popped out. She's like it's not that painful, it'll go by fast.

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out nd show her.

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied
    Re: painless childbirth

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
    That's what I'm planning to do. I don't think she'll be there for my birth but she's trying really hard to stop me from getting the epidural. She keeps saying if I get an epidural I'm going to have be brain dead and go in a como. She's trying hard to stop me.
    She's just worried about you mashaAllah. My mom would just tell me to suck it up and stop being such a baby and then tell me how she gave birth in the worst blizzard of the century without any painkillers and bla bla bla lol. :rotfl:

But yeh there are popular alternatives to epidurals, so if she is scared, maybe discussing these with her might calm her down and she could compromise http://voices.yahoo.com/pain-relief-...28.html?cat=68
    Last edited by |Sister|; 17-03-14, 04:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bint Muaawiya
    replied
    That's what I'm planning to do. I don't think she'll be there for my birth but she's trying really hard to stop me from getting the epidural. She keeps saying if I get an epidural I'm going to have be brain dead and go in a como. She's trying hard to stop me.

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
    My mom is forcing me to have natural birth but I know I can't do it, stick that needle in me doc.
    Just tell the doctor you want an epidural when you get in there. He's not legally allowed to listen to your mother and he will do it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Bint Muaawiya
    replied
    painless childbirth

My mom is forcing me to have natural birth but I know I can't do it, stick that needle in me doc.

Leave a comment:

• pallas
    replied

Here most people give birth natural, as there is a policy ( I have no idea if it's an official policy) to not use the needle. I think more than 90% of the women give birth natural. So yeah it would probably not be an option for me, if I would ever give birth. And I'm an huge wuss. I can't handle pain.

Perhaps a bit offtopic but i've heard from several people that all the sins of a woman would be forgiven if she gives birth. One lady even claimed that was one of the main reasons she got pregnant with her last child. Is this true? I mean I'm sure lots of sins will be washed away, because giving birth is painful, but all of them?

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Mohammed2
    replied

Originally posted by muslimgirl93 View Post
    What did the needle feel like?
    In my case i didnt feel the needle at all. I was scared to get it and i was so sure it would be painful but nope, didnt feel it.

Leave a comment:

• blanchoir
    replied

I read that the Prophet (SAW) birth causes his mother no pain.

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

that is the kind of thread you dont read when you"re single

but then there is much worse than the needle

if someone had made it haram, I think my e-mail of protestation would be more painful than 10 childbirths

Leave a comment:

• Plumeria
    replied

Also depends on who does it as well. If you have a rookie doc doing your epidural, it's a bit scary. Because the whole thing is basically a game of nerves. You have to get it right the first time lol. It is such a sensitive matter and if God forbid they do it wrong, you get a whole host of other problems.

Leave a comment:

• leela
    replied

Originally posted by iam_muslimah View Post
    Did it au natural and proud!
    I did too with the second one! I had a shot of diamorphine for the first because I was in too much pain but still hours away from giving birth.

Leave a comment:

• iam_muslimah
    replied

Did it au natural and proud!

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied

scary timess

Leave a comment:

• |Sister|
    replied

I am much too afraid of the possible complications of epidurals. Spinal cord injuries, severe drops in blood pressure, days of possible tingling/weakness in the legs, permanent nerve damage, longer birthing and labor, much higher chance of cesarean because the nerves aren't working properly. And epidurals are made from synthetic cocaine and/or opioids and can affect the baby as well. Plus I just really don't want a needle in my back.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Originally posted by jasmin333 View Post
    I'm not married yet. It is just a curiosity. I'm studing nursing and during my internship I noticed that the first childbirth usually is very painful.
    Thats good to know that you are learning. So, have you witnessed their pain?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X